Instructional Designer at Riskified
Riskified empowers merchants and shoppers to realize the full potential of eCommerce by making it safe, accessible, and frictionless. Our global team helps the world’s most-innovative eCommerce merchants eliminate risk and uncertainty from their business. Merchants integrate Riskified’s machine learning platform to create trusted customer relationships, driving higher sales while reducing costs. Riskified has reviewed hundreds of millions of transactions and approved billions of dollars of revenue for global brands and fast-growing businesses across industries, including Wayfair, Wish, Peloton, Gucci, and many more. As of July 29th, 2021, Riskified has begun trading on NYSE under the ticker RSKD.About the Role
We are looking for an Instructional Designer to join our global Learning & Development team.
You will be in charge of end-to-end developing e-learning materials to support our company’s and employees’ growth. As an instructional designer, you will use different e-learning tools and up-to-date practices to create effective and engaging learning experiences for the different departments.
You will work closely with the business teams and subject matter experts in Riskified in order to develop learning solutions that increase teams’ overall knowledge and skills. The position requires project management qualities as you will be working with multiple functions against determined deadlines.
You will collaborate with other L&D members to drive a culture of Always Learning. Excellent collaboration, team spirit, and communication skills are key. Flexibility, resourcefulness and great organizational skills come in handy with this exciting, fast-paced position.What You'll Be Doing
- End-to-end development of different e-learning solutions for Riskified departments: from defining learning objectives, working with SMEs to design effective and engaging solutions and developing them
- Manage content development project timelines and communicate with stakeholders
- Develop content, activities, and assessments
- Structure content and activities based on research, up-to-date virtual learning tools
- Create media to support learning (visual aids, infographics, interactive exercises, animation, job aids)
- Transform instructional materials created for one format to another
- Work with the other L&D team members to drive a learning culture and adopt L&D best practices across the organization
- 3+ years of working experience in eLearning instructional design
- In-depth knowledge of learning theories and instructional design models
- Lesson and curriculum design skills
- Ability to write effective copy, instructional text, audio, and video scripts
- Experience working with instructional design tools (Articulate 360, Vyond/Powtton - must, Adobe Creative Cloud suit - plus)
- Team player who is willing to help others and operate as a team
- Basic HTML and CSS programming knowledge a plus
- Problem-solver, resourceful and independent
- Written and verbal communication skills in English at a mother tongue level
- Experience working in a technological environment
We are a fast-growing and dynamic tech company with 650+ team members globally. We value collaboration and innovative thinking. We’re looking for bright, driven, and passionate people to grow with us.
- Our NYC team is currently working remotely. If anyone prefers to work in our office, we’re happy to offer an option to do so safely.
- When the situation improves, we’re looking forward to adapting a hybrid of remote and in-office work for all our team members.
- We’re growing at a rapid rate and have transitioned all our interviews to Zoom.
Some of our NYC Benefits & Perks:
- Fully-covered medical, dental, and vision insurance from your first day
- Equity for all employees, 401(k) + matching, commuter benefits
- Catered lunch, fully-stocked kitchen, team events, happy hours, birthday celebrations
- Yoga, pilates, soccer league, wellness classes
- Wide-ranging opportunities to volunteer and make an impact in local communities
- Commitment to your professional development with global onboarding, sales bootcamp, skills-based courses, full access to Udemy, lunch & learns
- Awesome Riskified gifts and swag!
Reuters: General Atlantic-Backed Riskified is Valued at 4.3 BLN in NYSE Debut
FoxBusiness: Fraud Protection Platform 'Riskified' Begins Trading on NYSE
Fortune Magazine: 25 Best Workplaces in New York
Announcing Riskified's $165M Funding Round
Inc Magazine: Best Workplaces
Built In NYC: 100 Best Workplaces
TechCrunch: Riskified Prevents Fraud on Your Favorite eCommerce Site
Calcalist: Riskified is the Most Promising Startup
Riskified is deeply committed to the principle of equal opportunity for all individuals. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by law.