Electric is a Series B startup backed by Bessemer Venture Partners, Bowery Capital, Primary Venture Partners and led by a team of seasoned entrepreneurs, operators, and technologists. With software forming the foundation of every office, Electric is the world’s first all-in-one, modern IT support solution that can truly meet the needs of growing businesses. Through a chat interface, personalized service, and flat-rate pricing we keep our client’s email, computers, Wi-Fi and software running smoothly at a fraction of the cost and headaches normally experienced with traditional managed service providers.
Our company is a fun, fast-paced environment with enormous opportunities for career advancement. We are seeking highly motivated, detail-oriented go-getters who want to move up in a tech startup.
As a Jr. Graphic Designer at Electric, you will work closely designing and creating material, including social media campaigns, landing pages, email campaigns, 1-sheeters/PDF projects, virtual event creative, SWAG design, and more. All focusing on company growth initiatives and customer facing material. Along with supporting initiatives across all core functions of the Marketing Team, and across the organization, your daily work involves understanding project briefs, strategizing creative concepts and brainstorms, and design work across the Adobe Creative Suite, GSuite, and using organizational tools like Asana. This role reports into the Senior Creative Manager, who will provide a full ramp of the creative brand.
What you’ll do
- Immerse yourself in the Electric brand, becoming a knowledgeable resource and expert of the brand guidelines and the creative direction of the organization.
- Work cross-functionally across all key Marketing disciplines, receiving project briefs from team leads, learning about each of their projects and goals, and working on unique ways to support each of them with creative resources.
- Brainstorming and determining direction of best practices and workarounds for projects, developing creative solutions.
- Work constructively with the team to provide creative feedback, and brainstorm regularly.
- Work across both the pre-sales and post-sales side, tailoring design to match the audience while keeping to our brand guidelines and true to our product.
- Working on unique projects daily, such as: creative direct mail kits, white papers, ebooks, social campaigns, ad campaigns, landing page design, email marketing, event creative, website improvements, illustrations, iconography, blog creative, podcast creative, swag design and more!
Who you are
- Approximately 1 year + of working experience as a Graphic Designer.
- Graphic design qualification or similar. Illustrator and video qualification is a plus.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment managing multiple projects and project managers at once.
- Strong communication skills, eager to pitch creative ideas, and experience managing expectations and fast paced creative deadlines.
- Excellent design proficiency in Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe InDesign and Adobe Acrobat. Adobe After Effects and other video editing software is a plus. Knowledge of Figma is also a plus.
- Knowledge of design techniques across digital and print.
- Experience with branding, image editing, prototyping, data design, iconography, color theory, typography, grid structure, campaign design best practices.
- Technically proficient in using project management software, such as Asana with strong time management skills. Enjoys using Slack and team communication tools.
- Eager to brainstorm, critique and creatively solve problems. Out of the box thinker.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users.