Lead Product Designer, Mobile & Digital Products at Stash
Want to help everyday Americans build wealth? Financial inequality is increasing and too many people are getting left behind. At Stash, we believe in the power of simplifying investing, making it easy and affordable for everyday Americans to build wealth and achieve their financial goals.
We’re one of the fastest growing fintechs in the U.S. and have had another record-breaking year. In 2021 we almost doubled our headcount and valuation. Our personal finance app makes investing easy and affordable; this year 6 million customers set aside more than $3 billion with Stash.
Prioritizing People is one of our core values and has been key to a healthy work-life balance and a great sense of fulfillment and inclusion. We employ a true people first - hybrid model. Live and work where you feel the most productive, whether that is in your home, in an office, or a combination of both. Anywhere in the US or UK.
Let’s solve complex problems and tackle wealth inequality.
We’re seeking a consumer focused Lead Product Designer, Mobile & Digital Products, well versed in designing and shipping consumer mobile apps, to help shape a clear vision of the future of user experience, pursue forward-thinking design, and deliver at a high bar.
By translating strategy into action through all phases of product design / UX work: distilling research, Information Architecture, ideation, reviews, prototyping, final spec design, and implementation you will create a frictionless experience that empowers and delights our customers.
You will partner with Product and Engineering teams to develop amazing user experiences that reimagine, innovate, and redefine the financial space.
Stash is a fast-paced growth company—join us to work on hard, important problems, have fun, and make history.
What You’ll Do
- Develop thought, craft leadership, and stand for quality.
- Champion a culture of user-centered design and craft
- Relentlessly raise the design bar ensuring customers have seamless, consistent, and delightful interactions every time they use Stash.
- Simplify complexity by breaking down tough problems and aligning on actionable solutions.
- Create positive behavior design thinking, ideas, and solutions to help customers develop healthy financial habits.
- Foster collaborative relationships with Engineering, Product, and UXR
Who You Are
- Human-centered UX designer that drives strategic product innovation and design thinking.
- An expert communicator at every level with the ability to flex between influencing partners and inspiring team members.
- Great collaborator, team player, and mentor - you understand design is a team sport and when we win, we win together.
- Relationship builder that actively develops cross-org partnerships, fosters trust.
- Ability to balance data with customer insights to inform design decisions.
What You Bring to the Table
- 8+ years consumer, mobile UX/UI Design.
- Track record of leading and delivering successful mobile products.
- A Portfolio that demonstrates work that ends with impact, shipping regularly as part of your iterative design process
- Experience working with designers, and executives in product management and engineering.
At Stash it is our mission to help everyday Americans invest and build wealth. That includes people of all races, genders, and abilities, so it is important to us to acknowledge and address the issues of inequality in financial services head on.
Diversity and inclusion are essential to living our values, promoting innovation, and building the best products. Our success is directly related to our employees and we believe that our team should reflect the diversity of the customers that we serve. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Stash is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds.
If you require any reasonable accommodations to make your application process more accessible please reach out to [email protected].
Invest in Yourself:
- Equity & Stash Accounts [Invest, Retire, Custodial, Bank]
- Flexible PTO
- Learning & Development Fund
- Work from Home Space Stipends
- Parental Leave [Primary & Secondary]
- BuiltIn’s Best Places to Work (2019, 2020, 2021)
- Forbes Fintech 50 (2019, 2020, 2021)
- Best Digital Bank, Finovate Awards (2020)
- Tearsheet Challenge Awards, Best Banking Card Product - Stock-Back® Card, 2020
- LendIt Fintech Innovator of the Year (2019 & 2020)
**No recruiters, please**