At Justworks, you’ll enjoy a welcoming and casual environment, great benefits, wellness program offerings, company retreats, and the ability to interact with and learn from leaders in the startup community. We work hard and care about our most prized asset - our people.
We’re helping businesses get off the ground by enabling them to focus on running their business. We solve HR issues. We’re data-driven and never stop iterating. If you’d like to work in a supportive, entrepreneurial environment, are interested in building something meaningful and having fun while doing it, we’d love to hear from you.
We're united by shared goals and shared motivations at Justworks. These are best summed up in our company values, which are reflected in our product and in our team.
If this sounds like you, you’ll fit right in.
Justworks is looking for a self-starting and entrepreneurial UX Design leader to help build and maintain the growing digital presence of our brand. This role manages, mentors, and coaches UX/UI designers to uphold quality, operationalize processes, and nurture skillset growth.
The Manager, Experience Design sits on a cross-functional team of Engineers, Product Managers, Designers. Together, we create experiences that are memorable, helpful, seamless, and give people a taste of what it's like to be a Justworks customer. If you’re someone who values moving quickly, working iteratively, and innovatively driving product initiatives across the company - we’d love to hear from you.Your Success ProfileWhat You Will Work On
- Attract, hire, grow, retain and promote designers through mentorship and coaching
- Build an impactful collaborative environment and encourage partnership with cross-functional teams, setting a high bar for design craft; conceiving, defining and executing design strategy
- Partner with Content, Community, and Growth teams to define the key objectives and identify the most impactful experiences to build
- Jump in on a few key work streams owning the strategy and execution for high-impact projects
- Other duties as needed based on department and/or organizational needs
As a UX Design Manager, how results are achieved is paramount for your success and ultimately result in our success as an organization. In this role, your foundational knowledge, skills, abilities and personal attributes are anchored in the following:
- Business insight- applying knowledge of business and the marketplace to advance the organization’s goals
- Functional expertise-subject matter expertise of specific function(s), including knowledge of principles, practices, and domain knowledge.
- Nimble learning-actively learning through experimentation when tackling new problems, using both successes and failures as learning fodder.
- Adaptability-the ability to adjust your approach or actions in response to changes in your external environment.
- Clear communication-the ability to articulate thoughts and express ideas effectively using oral, written, visual and non-verbal communication skills, as well as listening skills to gain understanding.
In addition, all Justworkers focus on aligning their behaviors to our core values known as COGIS. It stands for:
- Camaraderie - Day to day you can be seen working together toward a higher purpose. You like to have fun. You’re an active listener, treat people respectfully, and have a strong desire to know and help others.
- Openness - Your default is to be open. You're willing to share information, understand other perspectives, and consider new possibilities. You’re curious, ask open questions, and are receptive to thoughts and feedback from others.
- Grit - You demonstrate grit by having the courage to commit and persevere. You’re committed, earnest, and dive in to get the job done well with a positive attitude.
- Integrity - Simply put, do what you say and say what you'll do. You’re honest and forthright, have a strong moral compass, and strive to match your words with your actions while leading by example.
- Simplicity - Be like Einstein: “Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.”
- Minimum of 5 years of designing for web and digital experiences
- A background leading or managing a team of designers
- Experience working with partners on ambiguous problems and crafting big picture strategies driven by design
- Comfortable planning and straddling multiple large-scale projects
- Passionate about solving problems through storytelling and leveraging trends specific to various customer needs
- Able to socialize new insights and ideas with design rationale grounded in user research and business goals
- Leadership approach that excites a team to take action for better user and business outcomes
- Excellent written, oral, presentation and storytelling skills.
- Embodying a learners and a mentors’ mentality.
Justworks is committed to maintaining a workplace where diversity of identity, culture, and life experience is the norm and is celebrated authentically and respected consistently. Diversity in our work, our people, and our product drives creativity and innovation, entrepreneurial leadership and integrity, competitiveness, and collaboration throughout our business and in the market. We depend on our differences to make our team stronger, our workplace more dynamic, and our product accessible to all of our customers.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Our DEI Commitment