Manager, Product Design
Have you ever wondered what happens inside the cloud?
Based in New York, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust and passionate community of developers, teams, and businesses around the world. We believe that today’s entrepreneurs are changing the world through software. Our mission is to empower these entrepreneurs by bringing modern app development within reach for any developer, anywhere in the world.
We want people who are passionate about creating simple experiences in a complex world.
Reporting to the VP of User Experience, the Product Design Manager will manage a team of Product Designers to create simple, compelling, and elegant user experiences across the DigitalOcean platform. You are a practitioner, mentor, and a guide for a team of individuals just as passionate about creating an environment where they can have a real impact both within the company and in the developer community.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Overseeing Product Design work for our Core (compute, storage, and networking) products.
- Maintaining consistent high standards for both visual output and user experience within our core products.
- Driving best practices in both Agile and traditional Product Design/UX Methodology as appropriate for multiple products in the portfolio.
- Working collaboratively with other design managers, engineering, marketing, and product management to achieve consistency across touchpoints and support the execution of our core products.
- Hiring, developing, mentoring, and providing performance feedback to your team.
What We'll Expect From You:
- Significant experience designing for a complex online environment while executing successful team leadership.
- Hands on experience designing B2B, SaaS, Open Source and/or workflow-management products not required, but a plus.
- A relentless focus on standards, consistency, and high-quality visual and experience design
- Experience driving best-practices around discovery methodologies and how to best translate them into design decisions.
- A track record of managing a high-performing design team, developing talent, and delivering results in a dynamic environment.
- Ability to collaborate with engineering teams on a highly technical product and advocate for a developer-centric customer base.
- Ability to run productive meetings, create effective and useful product design documents, and maintain alignment across a complex product portfolio.
Why You’ll Enjoy Working For DigitalOcean:
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the smartest and coolest people in the industry. We work hard but we always have fun doing it. Archery classes, DJ lessons, and office pie fights are a thing. We care deeply about each other and take our “no jerks” rule very seriously.
- We value development. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development. You’ll need to be great to get hired here and we promise you’ll get even better.
- We care about you. We offer competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to keep you fit, and a monthly commute allowance to make your trips to and from work easier.
- We invest in your future. We offer competitive compensation and a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match. We also provide all employees with Kindles and reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We want you to love where you work. We have a great office space located in the heart of SoHo NYC and offer daily catered lunches to keep your hunger at bay. We’re also very remote-friendly—we use Slack to communicate across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to onboard in-office and take an all-expenses paid trip to our annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the team at least once a year. We also allow employees to customize their workstations to meet their needs—whether remote or in HQ.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Department: User Experience
Want to learn more about our User Experience team? Clickhere!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Clickhere to hear from our employees!