Manager, Product Design at Braze
WHO WE ARE
Braze delivers customer experiences across email, mobile, SMS, and web. Customers, including Seamless, HBO, Disney, Urban Outfitters, and Venmo, use the Braze platform to facilitate real-time experiences between brands and consumers in a more authentic and human way. And we do it at scale – each month, tens of billions of messages are sent to a network of over 2 billion active users through Braze.
Need more proof? Braze was named a Leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Mobile Marketing Platforms in 2019. The company has also been named on the Forbes Cloud 100, Inc. Magazine’s 2019 Best Places to Work, and Crain's 2019 Best Places to Work in NYC lists.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
Design managers at Braze cultivate teams, careers, and culture. They are responsible for empowering designers to understand the impact they have in their current roles, and illuminate the impact designers can potentially have on the business as their careers grow. To help with these goals, Design Managers help to forge a continuous dialogue between the designers and the colleagues across disciplines they must work with to succeed. In addition to promoting professional development opportunities for designers, design managers also leverage their experiences of design craft and user research to identify ways to improve how all teams and departments work together.
It is also important to note that as the leader of a growing design team, recruiting exceptional talent will also be a major part of this role, as your team will likely double in size in a year’s time.
- Design operations that support end-user experiences:
- Facilitate or partner in strategy, scope, and roadmapping
- Identify inefficiencies and establish processes to improve velocity
- Help to unify message composition experiences in Braze
- Expand our product teams’ focus to include customers’ end-users (templates and personalization)
- Support scaling and broad communications about Beacon, Braze’s Design System
- Direct and provide scope for Beacon and cross-platform concerns
- Help champion Beacon's mission, system features, processes, and technical aspects to the organization
- Forge partnership with Beacon customers and identify problem areas in their vertical and processes that the Design System can address
- Help define and develop Beacon's success metrics (KPI) with the team utilizing applicable research methods and track progress against them regularly.
- Communicate plans, progress, and system releases to cross-functional partners
- Continuously assess and refine system needs as customer and platform use-cases shift and evolve
- Manage team of 2 designers
- Hire 1-2 designers in the next 6-8 months
- Work closely with Product Partnerships team, with broad ownership over infrastructure to support tools for external and internal partners
- Build/foster relationships across multiple teams including but not limited to other product teams, design, research, and engineering teams
- Dotted line to UX researcher supporting Product Partnerships, Email and P&C
- Shaping design culture, values, and influence within the border organization
- Partner closely with Customer Education and Documentation team on user onboarding experiences
- Foster an environment for growth
WHO YOU ARE
- 1-2 years of people management experience with one or more direct-reports
- Excellent communication skills
- 3+ years of product design experience, an individual contributor, preferably with a broad range of design experiences (e.g. research, prototyping, collaborating with engineers)
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive compensation that includes equity
- Flexible time off policy to balance your work and life, including paid parental leave
- Free daily lunch, including snacks and beverages
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision coverage for you and your dependents
- Collaborative, transparent, and fun loving office culture
If you are a California resident subject to the California Consumer Privacy Act, click here to understand how Braze processes your personal information and how you can exercise your rights.