Motion Designer at Discovery Direct-to-Consumer
New York, NY, US, 10011 Silver Spring, MD, US, 20910
Date: Apr 30, 2021
Req ID: 2621
Please include Portfolio in resume
Visual Story Telling, Creative Problem Solver, Excellent Organization skills, Excellent Communicator
Will be working on: Streaming, On-Air and digital marketing campaigns
Join the Marketing and Brand Creative team in the award-winning Investigation Discovery/ TRVL Marketing Team. While grounded in design, the designer must be able to concept ideas that can work in all mediums from all aspects of motion graphics from on-air, digital, social media etc.
Work will include marketing/advertising campaigns and collateral pieces; digital, social, posters, out of home, exhibits, basics for broadcast design, packaging, occasional industrial design, web design and corporate identity, logo design and title treatments as well as various other formats to support and promote Investigation Discovery’s marketing efforts and shows.
Ideal candidate can communicate their ideas and present them with self-assurance; passion for the business of advertising and design is reflected by selling in ideas and concepts to one’s peers and can receive and interpret constructive changes and critiques with ease. All while ensuring deadlines, budgets and deliverables are met.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Collaborate with creative directors, art directors and producers to concept and execute advertising/promotional campaigns across all media – on-air, digital, social media, etc.
• Ensuring quality and timely delivery of projects within budget and on strategy.
• Coordinate and manage the release of appropriate files, from design to completion follow through and manage projects from conception to completion.
• Keeping up to date with latest trends in international advertising and marketing.
• Bachelor’s degree or trade school degree in advertising/design/communications or art.
• At least 3-5 years advertising/design experience in related fields of study listed above.
• Well versed in After Effects, PhotoShop, and knowledge of Cinema 4D, Premiere, UX/UI a plus.
• Excellent typographical and concept design skills essential.
• Must be a team player and be able to work on several projects under tight deadline and challenging situations.
•Entertainment background a plus
• Sound editorial judgment expected.
• Working on internal and external campaigns with budgets from 0 up to $3+ million.
• Interpret complex briefs and react quickly to changes.
• Some travel may apply.
• Must have the legal right to work in the United States.