Datadog’s Video team creates engaging content about our products and technology through videos and animations. We are a close-knit group of editors, producers, and animators who strive to create content with a high production value that is informative, accurate, and meaningful. As part of the Creative Marketing department, we work collaboratively within our team—but also collaborate regularly with other teams across the company such as the Product, Design, and Writing teams. Our videos help tell the Datadog story to a wider audience, and we are always looking to expand our video library into new areas.
Are you looking to combine your design and animation skills with your love of learning about new technologies? Are you excited to create intricate visualizations that help explain complex topics? Are you interested in creating polished and engaging content, and then seeing how it helps drive the company and the business forward? If so, we'd love to talk to you.
We are expanding the Video team at Datadog, the leading service for cloud-scale monitoring and analytics. Our team of video producers and motion graphics animators creates all the video content for our website and social media channels. We produce, film, storyboard, edit, design, and animate a wide variety of projects such as video testimonials, product explainers, how-to videos, and video ads.
This is a full-time and on-site role in our NYC office.
- Design and animate vector illustrations, graphs, typography, and other graphic elements
- Enhance live-action videos with intricate and engaging animations that help drive the narrative
- Collaborate with designers, editors, and product managers on video projects
- See projects through from the storyboard stage to final animation
- 3+ years of professional motion graphics experience
- BFA in design/animation or related discipline
- A diverse portfolio showcasing your commercial/corporate video work
- Ability to grasp complex topics and visualize them with easy-to-understand animations
- Experience developing project briefs and scripts into style frames, storyboards, and videoboards
- Familiarity with industry standard editing workflows, video formats, codecs, and frame rates
- Expert in Adobe After Effects and Illustrator
- Proficiency in Adobe Photoshop and Premiere
- Ability to follow brand design guidelines with a keen eye for detail
- Strong organizational skills
- Editing skills and familiarity with Adobe Premiere
- Understanding of the tech industry and/or prior experience working at a tech/startup company
- Basic understanding of cloud and/or SaaS technologies and ability to pick up new abstract concepts quickly
Why You Should Apply:
- Generous and competitive global and US benefits
- New hire stock equity (RSUs) and employee stock purchase plan
- Continuous career development and pathing opportunities
- Product training to develop an in-depth understanding of our product and space
- Best in breed onboarding
- Internal mentor and buddy program cross-departmentally
- Friendly and inclusive workplace culture
Datadog is the world-class monitoring and security platform for cloud applications. We’re dedicated to creating, developing, and supporting our product and customers, allowing for seamless collaboration and problem-solving among Dev, Ops and Security teams globally. Built by engineers, for engineers, our SaaS product is used by organizations of all sizes across a wide range of industries to enable digital transformation, cloud migration, and infrastructure monitoring of our customers’ entire technology stack. Given the resilience of cloud technologies and importance placed today in digital operations and agility, Datadog continues to innovate and is well positioned for the long term.
Equal Opportunity at Datadog:
Datadog is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud to offer equal employment opportunity to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Any information you submit to Datadog as part of your application will be processed in accordance with Datadog’s Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice.