Product Designer, Mobile at Animoto
Sorry, this job was removed at 10:25 p.m. (EST) on Friday, May 7, 2021
We are a remote-first, office-optional team. You are invited to do the best work of your life from anywhere within the USA.
At Animoto, we have always believed video is the most powerful form of communication. The pandemic has made this more true than ever. Small businesses face unprecedented challenges in connecting with their audiences, as consumers are also challenged to connect with friends and family. Video can bring us together.
That’s why our mission is to help anyone make a powerful, professional video. We make best-in-class, easy-to-use web and mobile video creation apps, with pre-built narrative templates and stunning video styles, that help our customers customize their own engaging videos to share on social media and beyond.
Over the next three years, we have a mission to make video creation faster, easier, and more fun, on any device, in ways that have never been done before.
Animoto is looking for a Product Designer to help shape the future of our online video creation tools. You will work with a cross-functional team to ship elegant and thoughtful design solutions that help our users create best-in-class social videos. If this sounds like something you want to be a part of, and you fit the description below, we’d love to hear from you!
What you’ll do:
- Develop and maintain a vision of the experience we should provide our users to help them create stunning, on-trend social videos
- Work closely with product management and engineering to continuously define the roadmap for a full-stack product team
- Collaborate with video producers and motion designers to understand the video capabilities that will be surfaced in our application
- Work with a UX researcher to unpack complex user issues while building a deeper understanding of our customers
- Create journey maps, user flows, and other documents to guide UX strategy
- Create wireframes, prototypes, and other design artifacts as needed to effectively communicate specific features and behaviors
- Present designs and key milestone deliverables to peers and stakeholders and guide the collection, synthesis and integration of feedback
What we’re looking for:
- 3-6 years of product design experience working in an in-house Agile environment with product managers and engineers
- Strong portfolio including at least one tool that allows users to edit multimedia content
- Experience designing for native mobile apps and cross-platform experiences
- Demonstrable understanding of how to generate empathetic user insights that drive design
- Clear and methodical design process
- Fluency in relevant, modern design tools
- Strong collaboration skills that invite and guide collaborators through the design process
- Bachelor's degree in a design-related field preferred
- Experience designing AI-driven experiences
- Enthusiasm for motion graphics, video production, and/or social media marketing
- Frequent use of Instagram and/or other multimedia social media platforms, and knowledge of best practices
- Experience applying design thinking to problems outside of product design
What we offer:
- Opportunities for professional growth
- 100% covered health insurance
- Contribution to 401k
- $600 as part of our subscriptions perk
- Remote work setup
- Bi-weekly Product Demos, Social Thursdays, Focus Fridays
Please note that we are not currently sponsoring visas.
We embrace the differences of our team members and seek diversity of beliefs, backgrounds, education, and all the other things that make us unique. It is our inherent belief that diverse teams build better products. We aim to create a space where employees can bring their true selves to work every day. Animoto is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. We welcome you to be a part of it.
Read Full Job Description