Product Designer, OTT at Vimeo
Vimeo OTT is an industry-leading platform focused on helping video creators build their own Netflix-like video service across the web and native app platforms. We offer tools to easily distribute and monetize your video content through the branded viewing destinations they create.
The team is looking for an experienced Product Designer to help design a best-in-class user experience that empowers video creators to launch an incredible video service and build their audience.
What you’ll do:
- Design the user experience from content management tools used by creators to the viewing experience of their customers
- Work with Product Managers and end users to better understand user problems and iterate on simple and elegant product solutions
- Grow your design toolset in a collaborative team bursting with talented product designers
- Work across functions with product managers, data analysts and engineers of all levels to understand problem spaces and develop hypotheses to test, learn and iterate
- Design from the concept phase all the way to release and beyond, creating high level user stories, process flows, wireframes, mockups, and prototypes
- Execute simple and beautiful designs at a rapid cadence while balancing multiple projects/experiments at once
How you’ll do it:
- Support the design of new features from the concept phase all the way to release day (and beyond that too)
- Collaborate with designers, product managers, and developers of all levels and diverse experience to creatively solve problems and reach our goals
- Based on product learnings, develop new features to improve our product
- Create product specifications, wireframes, mockups, and prototypes
Skills and knowledge you should possess:
- At least 2–3 years of experience as a user experience designer, interaction designer, or similar role with accompanying experience in visual/graphic design
- An online portfolio or samples of work demonstrating relevant experience. Show your work and process, not just final designs – and illustrate how it affected the user’s experience. Beautiful work is important, but the thinking behind it is even more so.
- Experience engaging directly with users of a product you’ve worked on.
- Ability to communicate your design vision through verbal and written explanation, sketching, or quick mock ups to small or large groups, all the way from designers to the leadership team.
- Experience working in a collaborative team
- A bachelor's degree in interaction design, human-computer interaction (HCI), or equivalent UX experience is ideal
- Prototyping know-how (Invision, etc.)
Vimeo is the world’s leading all-in-one video software solution. Our platform enables any professional, team, and organization to unlock the power of video to create, collaborate and communicate. We proudly serve our growing community of over 200 million users — from creatives to entrepreneurs to the world’s largest companies.Vimeo is headquartered in New York City with offices around the world. At Vimeo, we believe our impact is greatest when our workforce of over 650 passionate, dedicated people, represents our diverse and global community. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer where diversity, equity and inclusion is championed in how we build our products, develop our leaders, and strengthen our culture.
Learn more at www.vimeo.com
Learn more at www.vimeo.com/jobs