Discovery Digital Studios is in the process of revitalizing and enhancing its products across our Food Network and HGTV brands. Our aim is to translate the strategic vision of our lifestyle brands into delightful and engaging user experiences across web, mobile, video and emerging spaces.
As a Product Designer you bring a strong understanding of Visual Design and UX/interaction principles for content publishing across various digital platforms. You have a deep aesthetic sensibility and a perpetual curiosity for new and emerging approaches to human centered design.
Your design execution and aesthetic choices elevate the product you are designing for. You are fiercely passionate about the user experience and stay on top of all the latest design trends. You have a strong design background and weave between visual design and UX seamlessly. You are a conscientious, curious, hard-working individual who craves accountability and loves to solve complex problems.
1. Take broad, big picture ideas and turn them into beautiful, useful, and valuable products that our users can’t live without.
2. Work within an established brand art direction and help to evolve it
3. Design flows and experiences that are incredibly simple and elegant across various platforms (web, mobile apps, connected TV, voice).
4. Promote good information architecture, understand and solve for the nuances of content, interface design patterns, and visual systems.
5. Give and solicit feedback from other designers in order to continually raise our bar for quality
6. Partner with product managers, engineers, researchers, editorial and content teams to oversee the user experience of a product from concept until launch
7. Produce artwork and asset maintenance
* You have strong communication skills and can articulate your design decisions
* You have a solid understanding of core design principles, typography, color and page layout
* You are fluent with Material Design and iOS human interface guidelines
* You have demonstrated experience with UI/UX product design and strategic thinking
* You have a killer portfolio with samples of visual, UX, and interaction work
* You are fluent with design and prototyping tools such as Sketch, Photoshop and Illustrator, InVision, Marvel, Proto.io..etc
* You have a proactive attitude and strong time management skills
* You are able to work under pressure on multiple projects simultaneously while meeting deadlines with frequent interruptions and redefined priorities
* Must love food, cooking, lifestyle, culture
* Must have a Portfolio with samples of visual, UX, and interaction work
* 2+ years of experience designing for at least two of these platforms: Web, Mobile apps, Connected TV, Voice (Amazon Echo) preferred
* Ability to adapt your designs across platforms with the understanding of opportunities, limitations, and form factors preferred
* A foundation in visual communication or creative arts preferred
Bonus points if you have…
Motion design experience