Product Designer at Electric
Electric is a Series B startup backed by Bessemer Venture Partners, Bowery Capital, Primary Venture Partners and led by a team of seasoned entrepreneurs, operators, and technologists. With software forming the foundation of every office, Electric is the world’s first all-in-one, modern IT support solution that can truly meet the needs of growing businesses. Through a chat interface, personalized service, and flat-rate pricing we keep our client’s email, computers, Wi-Fi and software running smoothly at a fraction of the cost and headaches normally experienced with traditional managed service providers.
Our company is a fun, fast-paced environment with enormous opportunities for career advancement. We are seeking highly motivated, detail-oriented go-getters who want to move up in a tech startup.
We are looking for a talented and creative Product Designer with a passion for delivering world-class experiences. As a designer at Electric, you will work closely with the senior product designer, product owners, engineers and stakeholders to understand user needs and design simple, elegant solutions. You will own key design initiatives from inception to launch, to iterative improvement. You will advocate for users and user-centered design across the organization. We are looking for someone who wants to grow with the company, understands that constant change is one of the benefits of working at a startup and sees it as an opportunity for growth.
What you’ll do
- Own design for a product stream: work closely with PMs and engineers to conceive and deliver the right features for our users and business, in an agile environment
- Conduct user research that guides product strategy and design and communicate your findings to your team and stakeholders
- Deliver thoughtful and exceptional designs at any fidelity, from rough sketches to pixel-perfect comps and visual design.
- Iterate: conduct research, gather data, analyze and find ways to improve your designs, before and after launch
- Refine and evolve the visual language and styles of Electric’s digital products while staying true to our established brand identity
- Help expand and improve Electric’s design system so that it is comprehensive, useful and beautiful
- Help build a design culture: foster curiosity, empathy and improvement; present your designs and get feedback, critique and help improve others’ work; continually advocate for users and demonstrate the value of design across the company
Who you are
- 4+ years of Visual Design experience, preferably in a high-growth start-up environment
- A portfolio demonstrating exceptional visual design and the process that led to your design decisions
- Expertise with design and prototyping software (such as Sketch, Figma, Invision, Principle and Framer) and the facility to learn new tools when appropriate
- Experience conducting user research and leveraging data to guide and improve design decisions
- Experience working as part of a product team in an agile development framework
- A working knowledge of front-end development as it applies to your designs being implemented
- Experience delivering fully responsive, accessible, implementation-ready designs
- Experience using, maintaining and contributing to a design system
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users.