Product Designer at Bread
It's fun to work in a company where people truly BELIEVE in what they're doing!
Bread is a technology company that aims to transform the way the world shops online. We build tools, technologies and APIs that allow e-commerce merchants to integrate installment loan financing and other alternative payment products anywhere in their customers’ shopping journey. Bread was started in 2014 by financial technology veterans, and has experienced explosive growth to date. We’re backed by top investors including Menlo Ventures, Bessemer Venture Partners, Kinnevik, among others.
We’re hiring a Product Designer for our Member/Growth team. You will help us build products that transform the way consumers pay for their purchases and help retailers grow their businesses. As a Product Designer at Bread, you’ll launch features that generate measurable impact while also helping us level-up our craft. For example, you’ll work closely with a cross-functional team to evolve our Member Portal and provide a more user-centric experience for our customers to manage their accounts. You’ll also create new features that provide long term pay-over-time solutions. You’ll be part of a close-knit Product and Design team that plays a critical role in shaping the future of Bread.
Your role at Bread
- Be instrumental in improving the efficiency of the Product Design, and in ensuring your team maintains its high business impact
- Support the Director of Design and other key stakeholders in driving the design direction for the Product
- Produce top-notch work that injects usability and delight into the user experience as we continue to push the boundaries of modern UX
- Create exemplary prototypes and experiences, both alone and with other designers and key stakeholders, while balancing user needs, constraints of technology, brand values, and KPIs
- Provide your UX expertise and collaborate closely with our user researcher in discovering user pain points and problems, and solve them using all available UX methodologies and tools
What we are looking for
- 2-3 years of product design experience
- A strong online portfolio demonstrating your end-to-end process
- Curiosity and desire to represent the voice of our customers
- Ability to work cross-functionally with product management and engineering to develop and implement effective design practices
- An appetite for experimentation, learning, and iteration with a data-centric approach to testing ideas
- Extensive knowledge of design-related tools like Figma, Sketch, Adobe CC, Invision, etc.
- Can hold your own in a meeting and present with a customer-centric POV
- Are self-motivated and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience working on both B2B and B2C products
Nice to have:
- A degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Human Factors or a related discipline
- Financial services and/or payment services experience
About Alliance Data Card Services
Alliance Data Card Services provides market-leading private label, co-brand, general purpose and commercial credit card programs, digital payments and Comenity-branded financial services. Using the industry’s most comprehensive and predictive data set, advanced analytics, and broad-reaching capabilities, Alliance Data Card Services has been helping partners increase sales and provide greater value to their customers for more than 30 years. Follow Alliance Data Card Services on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and Instagram.
A division of Alliance Data, Bread is a leading digital payments company that works with merchants and partners to personalize payment options for their customers. Through its full-funnel recommendation engine, Bread empowers merchants to sell more, improve conversion and lift average-order-value. Follow Bread on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.
Alliance Data Card Services and Bread are a proud part of the Alliance Data enterprise, a FORTUNE 500 and S&P MidCap 400 company headquartered in Columbus, Ohio with more than 8,500 associates worldwide.
Alliance Data offers a competitive salary, a comprehensive selection of benefit options including 401(k).
All job offers are contingent upon successful completion of credit and background checks.
Alliance Data is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Alliance Data will provide accommodations to applicants needing accommodations to complete the application process.
Any applicant offered employment will be required to establish that they are legally authorized to work in the United States for Alliance Data.
Alliance Data participates in E-Verify.
Alliance Data will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal and credit histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
Alliance Data complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), as amended, and all applicable state/local laws. Applicants with disabilities may contact Alliance Data to request an arrange for accommodations. If you need assistance to accommodate a disability, you may request an accommodation at any time. Please contact the Recruiting Team at [email protected].