Senior Product Design Manager, Platform at Justworks
At Justworks, you’ll enjoy a welcoming and casual environment, great benefits, wellness program offerings, company retreats, and the ability to interact with and learn from leaders in the startup community. We work hard and care about our most prized asset - our people.
We’re helping businesses get off the ground by enabling them to focus on running their business. We solve HR issues. We’re data-driven and never stop iterating. If you’d like to work in a supportive, entrepreneurial environment, are interested in building something meaningful and having fun while doing it, we’d love to hear from you.
We're united by shared goals and shared motivations at Justworks. These are best summed up in our company values, which are reflected in our product and in our team.
If this sounds like you, you’ll fit right in.
You have a strong sense of self-efficacy, experienced in crafting visions to inspire possibilities, and believe the people are the most important factor in ensuring quality in a product or service. You value striking the right balance of delivering customer value in an experience that is usable, feasible, and is viable for Justworks. You have a strategic mindset and lean on data and insights to inform and track business goals. An excellent communicator and enthusiastic collaborator who works well with your team members, internal and external partners, and senior executives. You use communication and presentation skills to engage, inspire and influence.
As a Senior Product Design Manager, Platform, you will be responsible for recruiting, coaching, and supporting the multiple teams of Product Designers within the Platform cluster. You will partner with the Platform Engineering Director and Group Product Manager to maintain momentum on the cluster mission to enable Justworks to grow and evolve with confidence from one product line to multiple product lines by building scalable shared experiences, capabilities, and systems. To do this, you will rely on your systems thinking and service design skills and experiences. You will also partner with fellow Senior Product Design Managers and Design Director to foster a culture of team psychological safety, scale design operations, and push the quality of the product.Your Success ProfileWhat You Will Work On
- Manage, support and grow multiple Product Designers through coaching, feedback, and modeling.
- Provide design oversight on three cross-functional teams and their domains.
- Partner with Engineering and Product Management leaders to define product vision, direction, and strategy in support of business objectives.
- Partner with other leaders in Engineering, Product Management, Product Marketing, and Design to ensure delivery of customer value, product usability, technical feasibility, and business viability.
- Understand Justworks’ strategic goals, connecting them to the teams’ missions, weaving them into our product and design strategy to ensure that the investments and experiments are aligned with the needs of the company.
- Ensure the team delivers high quality user experience to our customers to build and maintain trust.
- Craft operational design initiatives that catalyzes performance and deepens impact of the design team.
- Foster a culture of growth mindsets and psychological safety.
- Hire and retain top talent, focusing on attracting designers from various backgrounds and perspectives.
As a Senior Product Designer, how results are achieved is paramount for your success and ultimately result in our success as an organization. In this role, your foundational knowledge, skills, abilities and personal attributes are anchored in the following competencies:
- Customer focus - builds strong customer relationships and delivers customer-centric solutions.
- Teamwork and communication - putting our collective best together through documentation, collaboration, relationship-building, listening, empathy, recruiting, and evangelism.
- Nimble learning - actively learning through experimentation when tackling new problems, using both successes and failures as learning fodder.
- Results-driven - consistently achieves results, even under difficult circumstances.
- Creative thinking - discovering new opportunities and solutions for problems by looking beyond current practices and using innovative thinking.
In addition, all Justworkers focus on aligning their behaviors to our core values known as COGIS. It stands for:
- Camaraderie - Day to day you can be seen working together toward a higher purpose. You like to have fun. You’re an active listener, treat people respectfully, and have a strong desire to know and help others.
- Openness - Your default is to be open. You're willing to share information, understand other perspectives, and consider new possibilities. You’re curious, ask open questions, and are receptive to thoughts and feedback from others.
- Grit - You demonstrate grit by having the courage to commit and persevere. You’re committed, earnest, and dive in to get the job done well with a positive attitude.
- Integrity - Simply put, do what you say and say what you'll do. You’re honest and forthright, have a strong moral compass, and strive to match your words with your actions while leading by example.
- Simplicity - Be like Einstein: “Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.”
- You have a minimum of 6 years of work experience in Product Design for tech/software products, preferably B2B
- You have a minimum of 4 years of experience leading design teams.
- You have a proven background in building a high performing team of designers.
- You have experience recruiting, hiring, and retaining multi-disciplinary design teams.
- You are an empathetic listener who can give and receive honest, thoughtful feedback.
- You are a strong communicator and storyteller, communicating concepts and ideas in different formats depending on the need, and revise your approach.
- You have a proven ability to solve complex UX problems and product strategy skills to deliver quality design solutions.
- You have a deep understanding of how qualitative and quantitative research inform product and design decisions.
- You are adept at influencing and driving alignment on product decisions across functions and levels of seniority.
- You make space for reflection and proactive learning.
- You set high standards for yourself and others and are able to help others meet these with a growth mindset. You create psychological safety for your teams to grow.
- You have a product mindset and track record of working well with and earning the respect of product teams.
- You have deep experience working and a cross functional, Agile-based development environment.
Justworks is committed to maintaining a workplace where diversity of identity, culture, and life experience is the norm and is celebrated authentically and respected consistently. Diversity in our work, our people, and our product drives creativity and innovation, entrepreneurial leadership and integrity, competitiveness, and collaboration throughout our business and in the market. We depend on our differences to make our team stronger, our workplace more dynamic, and our product accessible to all of our customers.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Our DEI Commitment