At Alt, we envision a world where anything is an investable asset. Using trading cards, we’re establishing a proof of concept to create financial products that traditional financial institutions don’t support or recognize as collateral. Our future plans are to expand into other asset classes to support everything from trading cards, watches, NFTs and even LP interests.
To date, we’ve raised over $100 million from thought leaders at the intersection of culture, community, and capital. Some of our investors include Alexis Ohanian’s fund Seven Seven Six, the founders of Stripe, Coinbase co-founder Fred Ehrsam, BlackRock co-founder Sue Wagner, the co-founders of AngelList, First Round Capital, and BoxGroup. We’re also backed by professional athletes including Tom Brady, Candace Parker, Giannis Antetokounmpo, Alex Morgan, Kevin Durant, and Marlon Humphrey.
Alt is a dedicated equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We celebrate our differences and strive to create an inclusive environment for all. We are focused on fostering a culture of empowerment which starts with providing our employees with the resources needed to reach their full potential.
As the Product Designer at Alt, you would work on the core Alt platform, help create a seamless and delightful user experience across various platforms for people to research, manage, insure and leverage their alternate asset portfolio. As one of the early members of the Design team, you would make a tremendous impact on the Product, Brand, Culture and Company trajectory.The impact you will make:
- Work in a highly collaborative fashion with the design, product, and engineering
- Own Design projects from early exploration to shipping
- Partner with product managers, engineers, and cross-functional stakeholders to understand requirements and provide creative, thoughtful solutions.
- Be the voice of the user and help the team understand the challenges and needs of the user
- Conduct and participate in design reviews with a range of stakeholders across the organization
- Sometimes work on very broadly defined, loose concepts, and sometimes on narrowly defined, tactical deliverables
- Design holistically to create a cohesive and coherent product experience, utilizing design patterns
- Advocate for prioritization of changes, refinements, and improvements to the user experience
- 4+ years of experience designing excellent digital products as part of a cross-functional team in an agile ecosystem
- Can reduce complex problems down to the right balance of flexibility, and ease of use
- High attention to detail and focus on execution and quality.
- Skills in explaining your work, process, and decisions to cross-functional stakeholders and crave feedback to help you produce your best work
- Experience designing with a Design System, and making your design decisions based on customer feedback and data
- Experience working with Research to uncover needs and insights based on data and translating them into thoughtful Design decisions.
- Strong expertise in common design tools (ie Figma, sketch, Adobe Creative Suite, Framer, etc)
- Experience designing across multiple platforms ( Web, IOS, Android, etc)
- Excellent communication and presentation skills; both written and verbal.
- Previous experience in Fintech is a plus
- You will be given resources to help grow your personal brand and to position yourself as a thought leader in areas relevant to Alt.
- Ground floor opportunity as an early member of the Alt team; you’ll directly shape the direction of our company. The opportunities for growth are truly limitless.
- An inclusive company culture that is being built intentionally to foster an environment that supports and engages talent in their current and future endeavors.
- Stipend to invest in alternative assets
- 401K, Work from home and Wellness Stipends
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Generous paid parental leave
- Competitive healthcare benefits, including HSA, for you and your dependent(s)