Senior Service Design Specialist at Peloton
Peloton's Membership team is responsible for:
- Ensuring a seamless, on-brand experience throughout the end-to-end member journey
- Deploying tailored engagement and retention efforts to drive usage and minimize churn
- Providing personalized and elevated support for our members whenever they need assistance
As a Senior Service Design Specialist, you will engineer support solutions as part of every Member's Peloton experience. You’ll collaborate across the business to design Member-focused processes and tools. Service Design ensures the Support team is operationally ready for new products and services and to help drive continuous Membership and Member Support performance improvements.
Service Design works end-to-end: anticipating needs and preventing problems and errors; leveraging automation and self-service capabilities appropriately; optimizing access by channel based on topic and resolution success; and building and implementing highly effective and efficient assisted service approaches.
The Service Design team is part of the Membership team and is rooted in crafting Support experiences that impress members every time. We obsess over every interaction that a Member has with us and design for delightful and low effort resolution. Peloton is evolving all the time, and our community turns to us as the experts to offer guidance in an empathetic, authentic, human and direct way. We are data-driven, collaborative, and understand how to drive the best outcomes for both our Members and the Membership team.
Responsibilities for the role include:
- Design and build process, procedures, and agent workflows to create intentional and delightful interactions with our Member Support team ensuring standard work and continuous improvement at scale
- Recognize and solve gaps in our current Support design offering and optimize tools to craft optimal Member experiences and drive team efficiency.
- Develop controls and risk mitigation strategies to ensure business continuity and prevent service failures
- Lead cross-functional teams to communicate the voice of the Member and inform business owners the Member impact of proposed changes, comfortable collaborating with agile/scrum teams
- Obsess over every touchpoint of the Member experience with a Members-First design
- Create a reporting mechanism to department leaders on agent efficiency to measure Member Support teams performance and identify opportunities for improvements
- Leverage data to set standards for Member effort and agent performance
- Partner with dependent functions to fully implement work products - Content, Learning, Quality, Coaching, and outsource partners
- Limited oversight required for project completion as a senior specialist on the team
- Coordinate with other service design specialists on projects and provide guidance to drive project completion
- Advanced soft skills including presentations and cross-department communication skills
- Minimum two years experience in a customer facing service role, with a strong preference for Member-facing experience at Peloton
- Minimum of two years experience working with SAP in an order management capacity
- Understanding of system architecture, data management, and integrations
- Demonstrated interest in leading projects and programs that involve multiple stakeholders, comfortable collaborating with agile/scrum teams
- Strong quantitative, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Effective oral, presentation, and written communication skills
- Interest in risk management, as well as standards and policies formulation
- Interest in process management and Six Sigma training
Peloton is the largest interactive fitness platform in the world with a loyal community of more than 3 million Members. The company pioneered connected, technology-enabled fitness, and the streaming of immersive, instructor-led boutique classes for its Members anytime, anywhere. Peloton makes fitness entertaining, approachable, effective, and convenient, while fostering social connections that encourage its Members to be the best versions of themselves. An innovator at the nexus of fitness, technology, and media, Peloton has reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform that seamlessly combines the best equipment, proprietary networked software, and world-class streaming digital fitness and wellness content, creating a product that its Members love. The brand’s immersive content is accessible through the Peloton Bike, Peloton Tread, Peloton Bike+, Peloton Tread+, and Peloton App, which allows access to a full slate of fitness classes across disciplines, on any iOS or Android device, Apple TV, Fire TV, Roku TVs, and Chromecast and Android TV. Founded in 2012 and headquartered in New York City, Peloton has a growing number of retail showrooms across the US, UK, Canada and Germany. For more information, visit www.onepeloton.com.