Senior User Researcher, Product at Peloton
Peloton is seeking a Senior User Researcher to support the innovation, iteration, and optimization of our Bike, Tread, and Digital apps. This Senior User Researcher will work directly with the engagement Product Managers, UX Designers, Product Designers, and Software Developers to better understand how users are interacting with Peloton products through qualitative research and user testing and to inform and evaluate new features and experiences developed by the engagement teams.
This role will work across Peloton Product Squads and will report to the Director, User Research.
- Evolve our process for organizing User research and testing across multiple Product Squads and multiple User Researchers, ensuring an appropriate prioritization of projects and creating and managing short- and long-term research plans.
- Collaborate with product managers and UX designers to understand Product and UX “questions to be answered” and then design testing methodology, timeline, and scope to investigate those questions.
- Source participants for user testing and handle logistics and schedules around live testing.
- Conduct user testing on design mockups, prototypes, beta versions, and finished products and features supplied by the Product Squads.
- Compile and present learnings to the relevant stakeholders in a clear and actionable way they can use to design product improvements.
- Evolve Peloton’s existing user-experience testing infrastructure to ensure conducting virtual, field, and in-office user testing is seamless, efficient, and easy to analyze and report on.
- Conduct qualitative and quantitative research using a range of tools and approaches (e.g. interviews, ethnography, card sorting, surveys) to answer Product and UX questions and produce new insights.
- Help to formulate research documentation to better understand Peloton-specific user behavior.
- Document and track learnings gathered through testing and research so insights can easily be referenced and applied for future projects.
- 5+ years of User Research and Testing experience
- Experience writing and conducting user interviews
- Experience designing and conducting user testing
- Experience distilling information from diverse interviews and reporting in a concise and actionable way
- Experience developing processes to organize work across multiple people and teams
- Strong quantitative, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Exceptional communication and storytelling skills
- Self Starter; ability to act autonomously
- Constant attention to detail
- Can provide work samples focused on UX Research and Testing
- Bonus: Degree in Human/Computer Interaction or Psychology, or equivalent experience
- Bonus: Experience with remote and in-person user testing methodologies
Peloton is the largest interactive fitness platform in the world with a loyal community of more than 2.6 million Members. The company pioneered connected, technology-enabled fitness, and the streaming of immersive, instructor-led boutique classes for its Members anytime, anywhere. Peloton makes fitness entertaining, approachable, effective, and convenient, while fostering social connections that encourage its Members to be the best versions of themselves. An innovator at the nexus of fitness, technology, and media, Peloton has reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform that seamlessly combines the best equipment, proprietary networked software, and world-class streaming digital fitness and wellness content, creating a product that its Members love. The brand's immersive content is accessible through the Peloton Bike, Peloton Tread, and Peloton App, which allows access to a full slate of fitness classes across disciplines, on any iOS or Android device, Fire TV, Roku, Chromecast and Android TV. Founded in 2012 and headquartered in New York City, Peloton has a growing number of retail showrooms across the US, UK, Canada and Germany. For more information, visit www.onepeloton.com.