Senior UX Researcher
Peloton is seeking a Senior UX Researcher to support the innovation, iteration, and optimization of our Bike, Tread, and Digital apps. This Senior UX Researcher will work directly with the engagement Product Managers, UX Designers, Product Designers, and Software Developers to better understand how users are interacting with Peloton products through qualitative research and user testing and to inform and evaluate new features and experiences developed by the engagement teams.
This role will work across Peloton Product Squads and will report to a Senior member of the Product Management team.
- Evolve our process for organizing UX research and testing across multiple Product Squads and multiple UX Researchers, ensuring an appropriate prioritization of projects and creating and managing short- and long-term research plans.
- Collaborate with product managers and UX designers to define product and UX goals, then design testing methodology, timeline, and scope to investigate those questions.
- Source participants for user testing and handle logistics and schedules around live testing.
- Conduct user testing on design mockups, prototypes, beta versions, and finished products and features supplied by the Product Squads.
- Compile and present learnings to the relevant stakeholders in a clear and actionable way they can use to design product improvements.
- Evolve Peloton’s existing user-experience testing infrastructure to ensure conducting virtual, field, and in-office user testing is seamless, efficient, and easy to analyze and report on.
- Conduct qualitative and quantitative research using a range of tools and approaches (e.g. interviews, ethnography, card sorting, surveys) to answer Product and UX questions and produce new insights.
- Help to formulate research documentation to better understand Peloton-specific user behavior.
- Document and track learnings gathered through testing and research so insights can easily be referenced and applied for future projects.
- 4+ years of UX Research and Testing experience
- Experience writing and conducting user interviews
- Experience designing and conducting user testing
- Experience distilling information from diverse interviews and reporting in a concise and actionable way
- Experience developing processes to organize work across multiple people and teams
- Strong quantitative, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Exceptional communication and storytelling skills
- Self Starter; ability to act autonomously
- Constant attention to detail
- Can provide work samples focused on UX Research and Testing
- Bonus: Degree in Human/Computer Interaction or Psychology, or equivalent experience
- Bonus: Experience with remote and in-person user testing methodologies
Founded in 2012, Peloton is a global interactive fitness platform that brings the energy and benefits of studio-style workouts to the convenience and comfort of home. We use technology and design to bring our Members immersive content through the Peloton Bike, the Peloton Tread, and Peloton Digital, which provide comprehensive, socially-connected fitness offerings anytime, anywhere. We believe in taking risks and challenging the status quo by continuously innovating and improving. Our team is made up of passionate brand ambassadors, and we know that together, we go far.
Headquartered in New York City, with offices, warehouses and retail showrooms in the US, UK and Canada, Peloton is changing the way people get fit. Peloton has been named to many prestigious industry lists, including Fast Company's Most Innovative Companies, CNBC's Disruptor 50, Crain's New York Business' Tech25 and Fast50, as well as TIME's Genius Companies. Visit www.onepeloton.com/careers to learn more about joining our team.