Solution Design Manager / Sales Engineer at Flatiron Health
We're looking for a sales engineer to help us accomplish our mission to improve lives by learning from the experience of every cancer patient. Here's what you need to know about the role, our team and why Flatiron Health is the right next step in your career.What You'll Do
In this role, you'll work to support sales to both existing Flatiron customers and net new sales. The Solution Design Manager is responsible for assessing the prospect for fit with our software and service offerings, and developing the return on investment analysis created from data gathered from prospects and delivering that analysis to the prospect. In addition, you'll also:
- Become an expert on the Flatiron software and service offerings to support sales as a SME and advocate
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with C suite and front line staff at our clients and prospects
- Assist in initial pitches to prospects to help push clients into the active pipeline
- Analyze revenue cycle data gathered from clients to look for opportunities to drive additional revenue or reduce client costs through the addition of RCM services
- Lead onsite assessment activities to better understand the environment and challenges of our prospects, including assessing front office and business office functions, clinical workflows, and value based care workflows.
- Prepare customized analysis for clients that include both qualitative and quantitative assessments of their current state, and present that information to prospects
- Work with Sales leads to refine our offering, pricing or strategy to meet the needs of the prospect and Flatiron -- helping create win/win situations for all parties
- Work closely with Product Marketing to identify content needed for the sales process, and feed information to the team to help them develop that content
- Work cross-functionally across Flatiron teams during the pre-sale process to plan for rollouts and ongoing customer support, and serve as an advocate for our client’s needs internally with Flatiron operations and support teams
The Solution Design Manager will create or support creation of prospect specific deliverables and materials, and work with the Product Marketing, Sales and Operations team to tailor proposals or offerings to the client’s specific needs.Who You Are
You're a strategic thinker with 5+ years experience in a related healthcare field, preferably in revenue cycle management or practice management. You're excited by the prospect of rolling up your sleeves to tackle meaningful problems each and every day. You’re a kind, passionate and collaborative problem-solver who seeks and gives candid feedback, and values the chance to make an important impact.
- You have 5+ years experience in healthcare related field, ideally in practice management or revenue cycle management but not required
- You have a background in Consulting, Sales or Account Management in a healthcare service company or consulting firm with healthcare clients
- You are able to communicate with clients around complex revenue cycle, value based care and practice operations concepts
- You are able to work collaboratively and thoughtfully internally and externally in situations where deadlines and requirements change quickly
- You are able to explore and interpret process workflows, data, and metadata to synthesize and to lay out the opportunity for improvement and define a path to excellence for a client. Requires strong analytical skills to manage large sets of claim data, ideally with SQL knowledge to create reports quickly and reliably.
- You have a demonstrated ability to carry a collaborative culture and management style to interactions with other stakeholders, including those at Flatiron and the customer
- You are willing to travel up to 70% of the time
If this sounds like you, you'll fit right in at Flatiron.Why You Should Join Our Team
A career at Flatiron is a chance to work with everyone involved in the future of cancer care and research—all under one roof. Researchers, data scientists, designers, clinicians, technologists and many more all work together to improve cancer care and accelerate research.
You'll also find a culture of continuous learning, broad and inclusive employee support offerings, and a commitment to supporting our team members in all aspects of their lives—at home, at work and everywhere in between. We offer:
- Flatiron University training curriculum which includes presentation skills, meeting mastery, coding languages and more
- Career coaching opportunities
- Hackathons for all employees (not just our engineers!)
- Professional development benefit for attending conferences, industry events and external courses
- Work/life autonomy via flexible work hours and flexible paid time off
- Generous parental leave (16 weeks for either parent)
- Back-up child care
- Flatiron-sponsored fitness classes
Flatiron Health is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.