Sr. Manager, Product Design, Platform Systems at Vimeo
Vimeo is the world’s leading professional video platform and community. We empower over 175 million users — from creatives to entrepreneurs to the world’s largest brands — to grow their business with video. Our products make it easy to build high-quality, impactful videos and to reach teams, audiences and customers around the world.
We are looking for an experienced systems thinker to help define the future of our growing suite of connected video products. You’ll help craft a clear vision and design strategy for how Vimeo’s products utilize core systems like search functionality, video analytics, and our foundational design system. You’ll also help explore ongoing opportunities for partnerships and integrations with third-party companies and products.
The ideal candidate is a well-rounded, influential team leader who possesses a strong visual point of view complimented by solid UX fundamentals and best practices.What you’ll do:
- Lead and mentor a small team of talented product designers who work across Vimeo’s products
- Oversee all facets of product design for your team (UX, UI, UXR) and maintain a consistently high bar of quality for their work
- Guide your team and colleagues through all phases of the design process including: distilling data and research insights, leading group ideation sessions, conducting design reviews, and providing design support through final implementation
- Simplify complex problems and create elegant but practical design solutions
- Work closely with other functional leaders in product, engineering, and research to prioritize, plan, and track product initiatives and outcomes
- Regularly communicate progress and updates to other teams, partners, and leadership
- Be hands-on and capable of rolling up your sleeves to work with product and engineering teams to reimagine and redefine the evolving world of video
- 7+ years of proven experience in designing and building digital products at scale
- 3+ years of leading design teams and managing product designers
- Demonstrated history of driving impact through UX solutions to achieve key company metrics
- A hands-on leader with the ability to take ownership and work autonomously in leading multiple work streams and design initiatives
- A track record of championing what’s best for the user while balancing the needs of the business
- Excellent communication skills and ability to articulate a design vision to any audience within the organization
- Portfolio or case study samples that showcase the products you’ve delivered to market, as well as the design processes that led to their launch
- Experience working with remote or distributed product teams
Vimeo is the world’s leading all-in-one video software solution. Our platform enables any professional, team, and organization to unlock the power of video to create, collaborate and communicate. We proudly serve our growing community of over 200 million users — from creatives to entrepreneurs to the world’s largest companies.
Vimeo is headquartered in New York City with offices around the world. At Vimeo, we believe our impact is greatest when our workforce of passionate, dedicated people, represents our diverse and global community. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer where diversity, equity and inclusion is championed in how we build our products, develop our leaders, and strengthen our culture.
Learn more at www.vimeo.com
Learn more at www.vimeo.com/jobs