Sr. Product Designer, Live at Vimeo
Vimeo is looking to hire a Senior Product Designer to join its Live team. Live streaming is changing the world and has become a center of focus for Vimeo, from self-serve live streaming to Enterprise use cases (such as company all hands, webinars, etc). The Live team at Vimeo sits on the forefront of visual company communications, and this role will play a major part of creating a world class live streaming experience.
The ideal candidate will have a bias for action, an understanding of video (either through live streaming or video on demand), will have deep empathy for users, and a deep understanding of complex interactions.What you’ll do:
- Drive the design direction and process for the Live team, enabling collaboration among product, engineering, data, and marketing
- Advocate and champion for user research within the team, leading by example by working with our Consumer Insights team or conducting your own user interviews and online usability testing
- Directly engage with users and translate quantitative data, qualitative insights, and prior experiment results into informed design decisions and new ideas
- Work across functions with product managers, data analysts and engineers of all levels to understand problem spaces and develop hypotheses to test, learn and iterate
- Design from the concept phase all the way to release and beyond by creating high level user flows, wireframes, high-fidelity mockups, and prototypes
- Execute simple and elegant designs quickly while balancing multiple projects/experiments simultaneously
- 4+ years of experience as a product designer, interaction designer, or similar role with accompanying experience in visual/graphic design
- Strong familiarity with industry standard UX best practices
- Ability to drive design concepts from business strategy discussions through to day-to-day execution.
- Excellent user-centered design skills - you love the details and have a deep understanding of design fundamentals with a proficiency in Figma/Sketch and modern prototyping tools
- Excellent communication skills - you can clearly articulate your design vision through verbal and written explanation, sketching, or quick mock-ups to small or large groups, from designers to the leadership team
- Ability to be autonomous - you take initiative and ownership of projects while collaborating with cross-functional partners and other designers, by seeking and giving feedback with a positive sense of curiosity and encouragement!
- Portfolio or samples of responsive web and native product design work driven by quantitative and qualitative user research
Vimeo is the world’s leading all-in-one video software solution. Our platform enables any professional, team, and organization to unlock the power of video to create, collaborate and communicate. We proudly serve our growing community of over 200 million users — from creatives to entrepreneurs to the world’s largest companies.
Vimeo is headquartered in New York City with offices around the world. At Vimeo, we believe our impact is greatest when our workforce of passionate, dedicated people, represents our diverse and global community. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer where diversity, equity and inclusion is championed in how we build our products, develop our leaders, and strengthen our culture.
Learn more at www.vimeo.com
Learn more at www.vimeo.com/jobs