Sr. Product Designer at Outbrain
Outbrain is the largest content discovery platform, working with top-tier publishers such as CNN, Time Inc. and the Guardian to engage their users with personalized stories, and generate revenue through promoted content.
Scout is a strategic new initiative within Outbrain, with the vision of connecting people through digital content. In essence, we want to give users a place where they can discover new and inspiring content, follow the reads of other great minds, keep stories they love and share them with others who care.
The Scout team sits directly under our founder and CEO, and while enjoying the security and benefits of a large company, operates as a start-up with absolute autonomy and independence.
We’ve assembled a remarkable team of experts, and are now looking for a senior product designer to join the team. This person will create the vision for the user experience and lead a design centric culture and practices for product development.
What you’ll do:
- Own the entire design process, from research and ideation sketches and prototyping to high-fidelity visual design.
- Work closely with product and engineers to plan, define and build our consumer facing products.
- Creating vector illustrations with Adobe Illustrator or Sketch.
- Create ready-to-code interactive Invision prototypes.
- Facilitate user research and testing, ensuring usability and product consistency.
- 3+ years designing consumer facing products with an emphasis on visual and interaction design
- Dedication to building both beautiful and usable products
- Focus on KPI driven designs, with a record of improving metrics through UI/UX
- Experience with building functional prototypes
- Experience with fast release and iteration cycles - we ship continuously!
- Experience in developing a brand
- Mastery in Sketch, Illustrator, Photoshop or other design tools; experienced with Axure, Framer,
- Principle or other interactive prototyping tool
- Healthcare Coverage
- 401K Matching
- Unlimited access to Lynda.com (LinkedIn Learning)
- Free weekly lunches and happy hours
- Free gym benefits and cell phone coverage
Outbrain is the brains—and technology—behind those recommendations that can be seen throughout online articles, helping people digitally discover the content most interesting to them. Headquartered in New York City, with a global presence across 16 offices, Outbrain was founded to narrate the web. Top publishers—including CNN, Condé Nast and Time —utilize Outbrain's technology to redefine their digital landscapes, while top marketers utilize the platform to interact with untapped audiences. Outbrain currently serves more than 308 billion monthly recommendations to readers, and is paving the way in native advertising innovations.
The brainy culture that ignites the halls of Outbrain has even been industry-recognized and awarded ‘Best Tech Work Culture’ in 2018 by Tech In Motion.
Interested in discovering what’s next for your career at Outbrain?