What you'll do:
- Work closely with brand, marketing, content, engineering, data, product, and design leaders to develop customer-centric content + product strategy experiences and related roadmaps.
- Be the voice of the user. You’ll understand student learning needs and evangelize UX research findings across the organization.
- Develop and maintain continual understanding of competitive online learning platforms in the market and identify where Skillshare can innovate & pull ahead.
- Run countless experiments that help push our product forward.
- Rapidly produce various concepts and prototypes; knowing when to apply pixel-perfect detail vs. when to make low-fi sketches and prototypes.
- Lead the progress of Skillshare’s Design System.
- Mentor a well-rounded team across strengths, disciplines, and seniority.
- Build strong partnerships and cross-team workflows with product, engineering, data, brand, marketing, and community teams to ensure we’re delivering an engaging, user-focused product.
- Effectively communicate the vision of Discovery and related roadmap to senior leadership
- Work with Brand and Content on in-product promotions of top quality classes.
- Cultivate a culture of innovation that welcomes new ideas. You’ll work closely with product stakeholders to improve product releases and push the boundaries of design.
Why we're excited about you:
- You are an expert in consumer-driven product design and have the portfolio and track record to match.
- You are the champion of the user. You evangelize the importance of designing a user-focused product and are fluent in user research best practices as a foundation for larger design workflows.
- You have strong communication skills
- You're an expert in facilitation techniques, wireframing, prototyping and design systems
- You have proven ability to establish rapport, credibility and influence amongst stakeholders and cross-functional internal teams to drive results.
- You naturally build relationships across the organization and ensure alignment across the board.
- You’re a big picture, strategic thinker who thinks outside the box – but knows how to start small. You know how to convey your vision (both short and long term), articulate tradeoffs, get stakeholder buy-in, and ultimately execute.
- You have a strong design aesthetic with experience leading design across multiple platforms.
- You know how to prioritize initiatives and work towards feature parity.
- You thrive in a high-energy, fast-paced environment where tactical and strategic initiatives are driven in parallel
- You're experienced in, and excited about, working on a rapidly growing part of the business
Why you're excited about us:
- Impact: You’ll build out Skillshare’s consumer experience strategy and roadmap which is a main company strategy and initiative.
- Our team: There aren’t many venture-backed startups with high growth rates, a strong platform and subscription-driven business model, AND a powerful social impact. On top of that, our small team is passionate, talented, and driven.
- Our mission: We’re doing work that matters – connecting lifelong learners around the world and empowering them to pursue their creativity.
- Flexibility: We believe that doing your best work means living a full life. That means different things for everyone, so we optimize for trust, invest to support remote teams, have an unlimited vacation policy (with a required minimum!), and encourage work-life balance.