UI/UX Designer — Nifty Gateway at Gemini
UI/UX Designer, Nifty Gateway
New York, NY
Help us Build the Future of Money
Gemini Trust Company, LLC (Gemini) is a licensed digital asset exchange and custodian. We built the Gemini platform so customers can buy, sell, and store digital assets (e.g., Bitcoin, Ethereum, and Zcash) in a regulated, secure, and compliant manner.
Digital assets and blockchain technology have the power to transform the world for good. This truth, along with our core values, form the bedrock of our company and culture. At Gemini, no job is too small and no project too big as we endeavor to build the future of money. We are a mission-driven, team-based, inclusive, and determined community of thought leaders who invest in each other and the long game. Join us in our mission!
The Department: Nifty Gateway
Nifty Gateway is the premier marketplace for non-fungible tokens, or “Nifties” (NFTs) - digital art and collectibles, recorded on the Ethereum blockchain. We release exclusive content from well known artists and brands each week. Major artists we have worked with in the past include Kenny Scharf, Lyle Owerko, Steven Baltay, and Oliver Latta. Our collections usually sell out in minutes & immediately trade up in value on our proprietary peer-to-peer marketplace.
Nifty Gateway is a “startup within a startup” – we’re Gemini employees, and we use some of Gemini’s crypto infrastructure, but we have our own tech stack and our own unique team culture.
Role: UI/UX Designer
As a Nifty Gateway UI/UX designer, you will be responsible for ensuring that the Nifty Gateway product design is top tier. You will audit UX flows, put together new designs, design new features, and ensure that all aspects of the Nifty Gateway product are top tier. We are currently completing a redesign of the site, done by a design firm, and we will emerge with a UI kit. By driving user experience and design, your work will onboard the next wave of NFT digital art collectors and you'll play a large part in scaling this product.
Responsibilities of this Role:
- Produce beautiful designs using our already existing UI kit
- Audit UX flows, ensure that everything is extremely easy to use
- Interface with other team members to build the critical portions of the app
- 1-3+ years experience as an UI/UX designer
- Track record of operating independently, demonstrating creativity, being detail oriented, and delivering results in an organized manner
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment
- An interest in and general understanding of art, fashion, sports, e-sports and/or collectibles industries
- Familiarity and interest with nifties and digital collectibles as we are an NFT company
- Knowledge of NFTs and Ethereum hugely helpful
It Pays to Work Here
We take a holistic approach to compensation at Gemini, which includes:
- Competitive base salaries across all departments
- Ownership in the company via profit sharing units
- Amazing benefits, 401k match contribution, and flexible hours
- Snacks, Perks, Wellness Outings & Events
Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.