User Research Coordinator
Do you ever wonder what happens inside the cloud?
Based in New York and Cambridge, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust and passionate community of developers around the world. Our mission is to simplify cloud computing for every developer. We are working on solving some of the most challenging and interesting technology projects around, on a scale unmatched by most.
We want people who are passionate about understanding our users and their needs.
As Research Coordinator at DigitalOcean you’ll be part of our growing User Experience Design organization. You will play a key role in supporting others to execute their own research to reach informed design decisions. Previous administrative, service or support experience interacting with enterprise customers is required. This is an entry level position for someone interested in a career in User Research.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Recruit and select representative participants to support team research projects
- Collaborate with others to define research goals and identify target participants
- Screen, schedule, remind and compensate research participants
- Collaborate with others in DigitalOcean to collect data, synthesize, and generate insights
- Take robust notes, organize data, record and archive session artifacts such as photos, videos, audio, or sketches
- Maintain a database of past and potential research participants
- Partner with others to conduct user research sessions
- Use findings to identify user challenges
- Document and share findings with immediate project stakeholders + relevant team
- Identify potential research partners and new research tools for the team
What We'll Expect From You:
- Experience in a UX, administrative, service or support role in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organization and attention to detail
- Strong analytical skills and pattern recognition
- Strongly identify with our brand and team culture
- Curiosity and an interest in learning new things
- Bonus: Background with relevant technology and/or Developer culture
Why You’ll Like Working for DigitalOcean
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We work hard but we always have fun doing it. We care deeply about each other and take our “no jerks” rule very seriously.
- We value development. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development. You’ll need to be great to get hired here and we promise you’ll get even better.
- We care about you. We offer competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, and a monthly commute allowance to make your trips to and from work easier.
- We invest in your future. We offer competitive compensation and a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match. We also provide all employees with Kindles and reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We want you to love where you work. We have great office spaces located in the heart of SoHo NYC and Cambridge, and offer daily catered lunches to keep your hunger at bay. We’re also very remote-friendly—we use Slack to communicate across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to take an all-expense-paid trip to our office to get quality in-person time with the team at least once a year. We also allow employees to customize their workstations to meet their needs—whether remote or in office.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Department: User Experience