Zocdoc is the tech company at the beginning of a better healthcare experience. Every day, we are driven by our mission to give power to the patient, building products and services that simplify and streamline the overall healthcare journey for patients and providers, delivering the modern healthcare experience they expect and deserve.
Healthcare moves slow. We move fast. Patients deserve speed and convenience.
Please be advised that the safety and health of our employees is our top priority. As such we will not require our teams to return to the offices until Labor Day 2021. Click here to read more about the decision.
Your Impact on our Mission
As a UX Copywriter, you will be responsible for establishing and maintaining our voice across all product touchpoints and platforms. Your writing should be clear, pithy, and conversational rather than transactional. You’ll help patients find their way to the right care, and you’ll help providers find better ways to improve patient access and experience.
You’ll enjoy this role if you are…
- Motivated by improving healthcare and helping people understand how they can get the right care
- Passionate about working with a diverse group of co-workers, including designers, product managers, engineers, and executives
- Care about the role language plays in creating a great experience for our users
- Love being part of the design process
- Fascinated by watching people respond to what you wrote and the products we’ve designed
- A life-long learner who is energized by doing the kind of work you’ve never done before
Your day-to-day is…
- Diving into Figma to write copy that balances tone, brevity, and clarity
- Spending time with teams to understand what outcomes we are striving toward
- Watching research and deciding how to change language based on their responses
- Establishing provisional voice guidelines
- Consulting with designers and PMs on terminology and consistency
- Chopping out silly prepositional phrases
- Playing a role alongside our senior managing editor in maintaining company-wide voice guidelines, taxonomy docs, copy style guides, etc.
You’ll be successful in this role if you have…
- 2–5 years of relevant, multi-disciplinary, UX copywriting experience on an in-house creative team and/or within a creative agency.
- Bachelor’s degree in english, communications, or applicable experience
- A varied and robust portfolio of past work indicating your qualifications in copywriting and content strategy.
- Humility. You believe in treating all people with dignity and respect, regardless of title or tenure
- The ability to be autonomous and collaborative - you know how to take ownership of your work but also know when to reach out to your teammates for help
- A growth-mindset. At Zocdoc we value progress over perfection and strive to create an environment where we all trust, respect and learn from each other.
- An unrelenting desire to build more equitable, inclusive and diverse workplaces. You view this role as an opportunity to create positive change
- An eye for both big picture thinking and delightful details.
- Experience with user research is a plus
- You can write a better job posting than this -- we won’t ask you to, but you could 😎
Zocdoc is the country’s leading digital health marketplace that helps patients easily find and book the care they need. Each month, millions of patients use our free service to find nearby, in-network providers, compare choices based on verified patient reviews, and instantly book in-person or video visits online. Providers participate in Zocdoc’s Marketplace to reach new patients to grow their practice, fill their last-minute openings, and deliver a better healthcare experience. Founded in 2007 with a mission to give power to the patient, our work each day in pursuit of that mission is guided by our six core values. Zocdoc is a private company backed by some of the world’s leading investors, and we believe we’re still only scratching the surface of what we plan to accomplish.
Zocdoc is a mission-driven organization dedicated to building teams as diverse as the patients and providers we aim to serve. In the spirit of one of our core values - Together, Not Alone, we are a company that prides itself on being highly collaborative, and we believe that diverse perspectives, experiences and contributors make our community and our platform better. We’re an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. Applicants are considered for employment regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or any other class protected by applicable laws.