Golf Digest is looking for a UX Designer to design software and platforms that meet user needs. You will combine interfaces and workflows across web and app to enhance the user experience.
In this role, you should be an analytical and creative designer who is able to grasp user needs and solve problems. A strong portfolio of successful UX and other consumer facing projects is essential. You will be involved with the entire product cycle from start to finish and will be expected to contribute to all aspects of the design process—including research, wireframing/prototyping, and visual design.
Your influence will not only have a major impact on this team, but collectively, your work will change how golf fans around the world consume the game across many different verticals.
You will work closely with other designers, product management and engineering, designing new features and enhancements that will drive engagement and revenue for Golf Digest.
1. Conducting user research and testing
2. Developing wireframes and task flows based on user needs
3. Collaborating with Designers, Product Managers and Developers to create intuitive, user-friendly software
4. Rapidly produce multiple concepts and prototypes; knowing when to apply pixel-perfect attention to detail, and when to make low-fi sketches and prototypes.
5. Understand product specifications and user psychology
6. Conduct concept and usability testing and gather feedback
7. Create personas through user research and data
8. Define the right interaction model and evaluate its success
9. Develop wireframes and prototypes around customer needs
10. Find creative ways to solve UX problems (e.g. usability, findability)
11. Work with UI designers to implement attractive designs
12. Communicate design ideas and prototypes to developers
13. Keep abreast of competitor products and industry trends
14. Iterate designs according to work reviews, changing requirements, and user feedback
15. Promote good information architecture, understand and solve for the nuances of content, interface design patterns, and visual systems.
16. Partner and collaborate with product managers, engineers, other designers, editorial and content teams to oversee the user experience of a product from concept until launch.
17. Think at a high level about creative strategy and vision. Not just how it should look, but what should be built.
* At least 3 years of experience designing at consumer-focused tech or media companies; designing across all major platforms (web, mobile)
* Strong portfolio of design projects
* Expert in interaction design and information architecture
* Experience creating minimum viable products, utilizing rapid prototyping and iterative design techniques
* Proficient in design software (e.g. Figma, InVision, Adobe XD, UXPin, Balsamiq, Sketch)
* Problem-solving aptitude
* Analytical mind with a business acumen
* Excellent communication skills
* BA/BS in Design, Computer Science, Engineering or a related field
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States