UX/UI Designer at CLEAR
CLEAR helps create safer, easier experiences everywhere you go. We believe you are you and by using your biometrics – your eyes, face, and fingerprints – we keep you moving. Imagine a world where you can do virtually everything you need to – breeze through the airport, buy a beer at the game, check-in at the doctor’s office, access your office building, and more – without ever pulling out your wallet. CLEAR is currently available in 50+ airports, venues and more. Now with Health Pass, CLEAR securely connects a person’s digital identity to multiple layers of COVID-related insights to help reduce public health risk and restore peace of mind.
We’re defining and leading an entirely new industry, obsessing over our customers, and investing in great people to lead the way. Recently named on CNBC’s Disruptor 50 List for the second year in a row and winner of the SXSW Interactive Innovation Award, CLEAR is providing innovative technology options for businesses and our 5+ million members to help create a safer environment no matter where you go.
CLEAR is seeking a junior UX/UI designer who is passionate about creating the connections between sleek design and clean code. This position is primed for a tech forward creative who sees an engaging digital, interactive, and/or experimental experience in the wild and immediately thinks “I want to build that”
The ideal candidate will have an interest in digital graphic design and front-end development. This individual must excel in a fast-paced environment, and is seeking to learn and grow by doing. The ability to think outside of the box and solve problems creatively will be key; you don’t have to know all the answers, but you must be willing to research, experiment, test, fail, and repeat to achieve success.
What You Will Do:
- Website CMS Updates: Update content to pages, push new pages to dev/production, and help field quick turns from partners across departments.
- Design-to-Code: Help design user experiences across the website, app, and email, with HTML/CSS in mind, with guidance from the Senior Design Director and the Senior Designers. Keeping an eye out for usability, responsiveness, and device/browser/client limitations is key.
- Mockups and Layouts: Assist the Senior Design Director and Senior Digital Designers with UI mockups in Photoshop and XD.
- Industry Research: Keep abreast of trends across digital design, with attention to interactive experiences, micro-animations, and how a brand maintains consistency across the web.
Who You Are:
- You have 1-2+ years of digital design experience with a focus on Web, App, and Email, and/or relevant college work that shows initiative, technical prowess, and creative problem solving. Backgrounds in CompSci, Graphic Design, and User Psychology all apply here.
- You have extreme attention to detail and a curious mind. You get particular about pixels and semantic code.
- You have a sense of accountability, and pride in your work.
- You have projects that you’re passionate about, and love to share them.
- Familiarity with the Adobe Creative Suite. Basic knowledge of HTML, CSS and site structure required.
- Added points if you can hand-code in Dreamweaver, or even better, a text-editor.
- Added points if you understand Inspect/Dev Tools in web browsers.
- Added points for experience in Webflow, Prismic, and/or Ceros