Visual Designer at OpenFin
At the moment, we are all working remotely. However, we have offices in London and New York, and this positions can be based in either office (subject to your existing legal right to work in either jurisdiction).
For the past 10 years, OpenFin has been at the forefront of software innovation in Finance. From HTML5 to open source development, we are leading the charge in creating industry standards and currently have over 225,000 desktops at our 100+ clients.
We are seeking a talented Visual Designer to help shape and refine our brand. This role will report to our new Head of Design. This is a brand new role on a growing product team building the operating system for finance.
As a Visual Designer you will:
Be part of our Distill, Discover, Sprint, Analyze design process, shipping regular features that our users really want. We’ll need you to:
- Create landing pages, email campaigns, social media assets, sales collateral, published content, and more, end-to-end.
- Create materials that help people understand the product and its value for them. Help others to be more succinct. Tell stories.
- Use metrics to learn how your materials are performing, figure out how you can make changes to increase engagement and conversion.
- In one breath, you can produce graphics, illustrations, GIFs, and animations with a high level of love, craft, and attention to detail.
- You can write! All good designers know how text fits on their circles and squares.
- Be collaborative and comfortable with regular crits that support constructive feedback in a safe environment.
- Be curious, open to changing your mind, and above all be kind, fun, and generous!
A few things about you:
- You have a strong background in graphic design, you know your history: Paul Rand, Muriel Cooper, and Massimo Vignelli make your spine tingle.
- You have excellent drawing and typographic skills and are highly proficient in Adobe Creative Suite.
- Super bonus points if you have experience in animation (After Effects) and know your way around video editing software.
- An unparalleled eye for detail and error reduction.
- Portfolio of diverse types of work demonstrating an awareness of new trends, styles, and technologies.
Move Fast. Break Nothing. OpenFin is the financial industry’s operating system, enabling rapid and secure deployment, native experience, and desktop interoperability. Used by the largest industry players through to the newest of FinTech innovators, OpenFin deploys more than 1,000 desktop applications to more than 1500 buy-side and sell-side firms. OpenFin investors include Bain Capital Ventures, Barclays, DRW Venture Capital, NEX Euclid Opportunities, J.P. Morgan, NYCA Partners, Pivot Investment Partners, and Wells Fargo among others. The company has offices in New York and London.
Why Work Here?
OpenFin’s product, engineering, and customer success teams lead the financial technology industry in talent and innovation. Together, they design, develop, and deploy the next generation of financial desktop applications on computers around the globe. OpenFin’s mission is to stay on the cutting edge of web technologies and to enable customers to do the same.
While we are currently remote, OpenFin prides itself on its friendly, understanding office culture. Our goal is to create a space where employees can learn and innovate, and overall, have a good time doing it. Our employees have a diverse set of interests and experiences, and we encourage you to explore those interests and share with us! We have regular happy hours, events, and other chances to socialize. Our office and our employees are conducive to a productive learning experience -- all the while creating innovative and compelling solutions for our clients.