Director of People
Thyme Care is the leading value-based cancer care partner, collaborating with payers and providers to transform the experience and outcomes for individuals living with cancer. The company partners with health plans, employers and risk-bearing providers to assume accountability for enhanced care quality, improved health outcomes, and reduced total cost of care. Thyme Care's approach combines a technology-enabled Care Team and seamless integration with providers, creating a hybrid collaborative care delivery model that guides and supports the entire patient journey. Thyme Care empowers over 300 oncologists nationwide through purpose-built tech, advanced data analytics, and virtual patient engagement, driving better care and outcomes in value-based arrangements. Thyme Care is a founding member of CancerX, and is backed by leading investors. To learn more about how Thyme Care is enabling the shift to value-based care in oncology, visit www.thymecare.com.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
Join us as a founding member of our People Team and play a pivotal role in shaping our organization, culture, and people processes. As we grow, we're looking for an experienced People Team Leader to oversee all aspects of People Operations.
- Create talent development programs that grow & develop our employees, managers, and leaders
- Evolve our talent processes (i.e., feedback cycle, performance check-ins, and promotion process) to effectively scale to support a community of 500 employees
- Support leaders with thoughtful talent decisions through people-business partner collaboration
- Drive our employee engagement by creating meaningful experiences across the entire employee lifecycle
- Evolve our internal People systems and infrastructure, including new-hire onboarding, offboarding, benefits enrollments, leave of absence, and general employee support
- Leverage data to inform our decisions and take ownership of identifying and implementing solutions
- Build a team of People professionals to help accomplish these outcomes
WHAT YOU’VE DONE
- 8+ years of hands-on HR experience, working with employees and managers of varying seniority in high-growth teams
- Knowledgeable about compliance and best practices in the HR space
- Skilled in benefits administration, payroll, systems administration, compensation, and HR process functions
- Proficient in engaging diverse employee populations and coaching managers
- Comfortable with ambiguity and enthusiastic about building processes from the ground up
- Committed to driving diversity, equity, and inclusion initiatives
WHAT LEADS TO SUCCESS
- Domain expert - Demonstrated experience implementing People strategies
- Problem-solving/diagnostic skills - The ability to assess root causes & make recommendations
- Effective change agent - Can build rapport and good working relationships with senior leaders and peers
- Business acumen and problem-solving ability - Has the ability to logically think through problems and solutions and advocate in a meaningful way for resources when necessary
- Executes well - Good project management and attention to detail. Accounts for unknowns and recovers from setbacks well
- People manager - Has led a team in the past and has a solid grasp of what good management looks like
At Thyme Care, our core values—Act with our members in mind, Move with purpose, and Seek diverse perspectives—guide us in everything we do. They anchor our business decisions, including how we grow, the products we make, and the paths we choose—or don’t choose.
We are committed to promoting the health and well-being of all individuals. As a provider of cancer care navigation, we recognize that those with cancer constitute a vulnerable population at risk of contracting COVID-19. As such, Thyme Care employees are expected to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as defined by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, subject to conflicting laws and exemptions based on medical or religious objections.
Our salary ranges are based on paying competitively for our size and industry, and are one part of the total compensation package that also includes equity, benefits, and other opportunities at Thyme Care. Individual pay decisions are based on a number of factors, including qualifications for the role, experience level, skillset, geography, and balancing internal equity relative to other Thyme Care employees. In accordance with New York City law, the base salary for this role if filled within New York City is $140,000-$175,000. The salary range could be lower or higher than this if the role is hired in another location or at a different level. We also believe that your personal needs and preferences should be taken into consideration so we allow some choice between equity and cash.
We recognize a history of inequality in healthcare. We’re here to challenge the status quo and create a culture of inclusion through the care we give and the company we build. We embrace and celebrate a diversity of perspectives in reflection of our members and the members we serve. We are an equal opportunity employer.