Advanced .Net Software Developer at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 30th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2019, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2019. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
Do you want to join an innovative team and contribute to cancer research? Are you creative and want to tackle meaningful problems? Then join us here at MSK, where we can provide you with the opportunity to do all those things! This is an exciting role for someone who has the right skills to be part of a dynamic team and learn how to apply their skills to support our mission: the progressive control and cure of cancer through programs of patient care, research, and education.
The Clinical Research Informatics & Technology (CRIT) team is responsible for supporting the technology and systems needs for our clinical research program at MSK. We are excited to expand our team our engineering team by hiring a Software Engineer & Advanced Software Engineer. You'll get to use best-in-class technology to improve efficiency, improve quality and lead innovation within the program.
Interesting Projects: Contribute to MSK’s flagship electronic consenting platform: eConsent. This web-based platform takes paper-based consent documents and makes them available on any device (iPad, laptop, etc.) These consent documents can display video and image content to participants and confirm understanding by asking multiple choice questions throughout the consent process. Research participants and MSK staff members are able to provide their signatures directly on the device once the consenting process has been completed. A signed copy of the consent document is then electronically transmitted to various other systems for further processing.
- Analyze functional requirements, systems architecture and applications.
- Write well-structured, well tested code and continuously ship new features.
- Plan, coordinate and provide estimates (e.g. time).
- Design technical specifications and user documentation for applications that may include data flow, data storage, interface design, and system architecture.
- Match the scope and proportion of your specifications and designs to meet user needs.
- Consider and develop system contingency plans to maintain high system/application availability.
- Develop systems and/or processes that talk to other applications/databases to meet complex business requirements.
- Define test cases and prepare data / scripts for testing.
- Execute and coordinate systems, integration, and enterprise-wide test plans for assigned projects.
- Plan and coordinate the implementation of new systems as well as improvements and/or upgrades to current systems while ensuring smooth migration between deployment environments.
- Use your expertise to resolve production problems in a timely manner.
- 2+ years working as a Software Engineer; Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent experience
- Excellent communication skills that you’ll use to relay technical information to various team members & stakeholders
- Experience with SQL Server, relational databases, web services, & UI a plus
Nice to have/Bonus:
- Familiar with agile methodologies or SAFe
- Basic knowledge of React
- Experience or interest in learning clinical research processes
Competitive compensation packages | Sick Time | Generous Vacation + 12 holidays to recharge & refuel | Internal Career Mobility & Performance Consulting | Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA & Dependent Care | 403b retirement savings plan match | Tuition Reimbursement | Parental Leave & Adoption Assistance | Commuter Spending Account | Fitness Discounts & Wellness Program | Resource Networks | Life Insurance & Disability | Remote Flexibility
We believe in communication, transparency, and thinking beyond your 8-hour day @ MSK. It’s important to us that you have a sense of impact, community, and work/life balance to be and feel your best.
Our Hiring Process
You read the ad, agree it sounds like a great fit & apply -> Talent Acquisition contacts you to complete our tech assessment and/or schedule a phone interview (if your profile aligns)-> after speaking with the Talent Acquisition Specialist, you will connect with the Hiring Manager by phone or video call -> if your experience is a fit, you will move forward to an on-site visit or video call with the team -> post interview feedback -> ideally an offer! -> reference check & onboarding -> orientation & official welcome to MSK