Android Engineer at Vimeo
At Vimeo, we love designing and engineering tools that combine power with ease of use. Our engineers work within cross functional teams on professional-grade video tools for creators, supporting the work of hundreds of thousands of videographers and businesses worldwide.
About the team:
We’re a small team that cares about user experience and celebrates technical excellence. We emphasize collaboration and believe diverse perspectives are key to building great technology. We also believe that great teams reach success faster when teammates take the time for self-care and care for one another.
What you’ll do:
- Work on building new features in Kotlin interfacing with a mixed Kotlin & Java architecture
- Build and improve tools for video creators that combine high-quality user experience with performance and scalability
- Work closely with our Design and Product teams to move projects from conception to launch, then iterate and test new features
- You’ll be designing and building an improved architecture for significant parts of our stack to ensure its effectiveness for years to come.
- Grow technically and professionally in a collaborative and inclusive environment with opportunities to learn and share with others
Skills and knowledge you should possess:
- At least 3 years of professional experience coding and shipping Android applications
- Extensive experience designing and implementing systems with clarity, reusability, testability, and scalability in mind
- Ability to communicate and collaborate respectfully and effectively with both technical and non-technical teams
- Mastery of Java and/or Kotlin
- In-depth experience with multithreaded and networked applications
- Strong organizational ability and can break up projects into manageable pieces and complete them in a timely manner
Nice to have experience with the following:
- MVP design pattern
- Dependency injection
At Vimeo, our mission is to empower video creators to tell exceptional stories and connect with their audiences and communities. Home to more than 90 million members in over 150 countries, Vimeo is the world’s largest ad-free open video platform, providing powerful tools to host, share and sell videos in the highest quality possible.
We work hard to enable creators of all kinds to succeed, and to that end, we prioritize attracting diverse talent and cultivating an inclusive environment that encourages collaboration and creativity. We’re committed to building a company and a community where people thrive by being themselves and are inspired to do their best work every day.
Vimeo is based in New York City, with additional offices in Europe and India. Vimeo is an operating business of IAC (NASDAQ: IAC). Learn more at www.vimeo.com.