AWS Software Developer at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 30th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2019, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2019. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
Do you want to join a fast-paced, growing team that will be using and working directly with the latest cloud technologies? If so, the Digital Informatics and Technology Solutions division of MSKCC is seeking a hardworking AWS Cloud Software Engineer to join the organization! The ideal candidate will be part of the team enabling the journey from On-Premise to Omni Cloud utilizing Amazon Web Services (AWS) in the areas of architecture, development, security, operations, integration, migration, and managed services. Read and click below to apply!
- Self-motivated with a proven track record in architecting & engineering cloud solutions for enterprise environments
- Capable of building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions
- A good decision-maker, with proven success at making timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward
- Adept at learning quickly, applying insights from past efforts to new situations
- Able to develop automation and apply it practically to enable efficiencies and eliminate manual tasks
- Able to document and communicate sophisticated concepts effectively to a diverse group of stakeholders
- Architect, plan, and implement cloud solutions that balance simplicity, standards, scalability, extensibility, supportability, and integrity
- Work with MSKCC developers, user community to analyze their needs, then help them design, develop and test solutions in order to meet those needs.
- Provide expert guidance on standards for design, best practices, engineering changes, and configuration management across the hybrid cloud infrastructure.
- Provide guidance on core AWS services and work with the infrastructure teams with expertise in their respective areas to design, implement and integrate solutions in AWS.
- Implement cost optimized solutions (based on usage, business requirements and budget).
- Regularly evaluate existing cloud services to find opportunities for improvement.
- Provide forward-thinking technology leadership in developing innovative solutions with a strong emphasis on continual improvement in automating our infrastructure, services and software release processes
- Architectural experience in crafting and implementing solutions that run on AWS, including aspects like compute, network, storage, serverless and security.
- Experience implementing AWS networking including Direct Connect, VPCs, AWS Transit Gateways, Elastic Load Balancing, & Route53.
- Experience with AWS Application delivery services including CloudFront, App Mesh & Cloud Map
- Infrastructure automation through DevOps scripting (E.g. shell, Python, Ruby, PowerShell).
- Configuration management using CloudFormation, Chef and Puppet.
- Proven experience in architecting, implementing, and maintaining highly complex distributed software systems using cloud and infrastructure services.
- Experience working in an Agile environment utilizing the SAFe Agile framework.
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.