Back End Engineer – AdTech
Dailymotion is the leading video discovery destination, attracting over 300 million unique visitors a month, with technology that learns about user tastes over time, constantly surfacing the best, most relevant content on the web. Our mission is to provide the best video user experience for consumers on the market, connecting publishers and advertisers to engaged viewers who turn to Dailymotion for their daily fix of the most compelling music, entertainment, news and sports content around.
Through partnerships with the world's leading publishers and content creators, including CBS, CNN, Fox Sports, GQ, Mashable, Universal Music Group, VICE and more, Dailymotion commands 4 billion monthly pageviews across its mobile app, desktop and connected TV experiences. Dailymotion is owned by Vivendi, one of the largest mass-media corporations in the world.
As part of its growing activities, Dailymotion is looking to enhance its programmatic and monetization services through its purpose-built Ad-Exchange stack delivering new monetization solutions internally and externally, while providing innovative marketing solutions for advertisers.
We are looking for a C++ Back-End Engineer to join a highly experienced team with a passion for building highly-scalable, real-time distributed multithreaded server-side applications.
- Work effectively in C++ 14/17 (Primary) & Golang (Testing)
- Design and implement key functions in our Ad Exchange platform which require hard real-time constraints and elegant, yet powerful software solutions to support latency-sensitive high-frequency traffic.
- Coordinate with engineers to ensure real-time technology integrates seamlessly with other pieces of the platform.
- Work closely with data scientists to implement optimizations to increase campaign effectiveness.
- Troubleshoot and resolve system problems and customer issues under very tight service level agreement.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment while juggling multiple projects.
- 1 to 3 years experience in C++ programming
- A strong background in data structures, algorithms and object-oriented programming
- Experience in real-time programming, network protocols & multi-threaded environments
- Experience designing and building high performance, low latency distributed systems
- The ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Working knowledge of Linux
- Strong verbal communication skills
- BA/BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
- AdTech experience
- C++ 11/14/17
- Familiarity with Folly, Wangle, and Proxygen libraries, Conan package manager, and Go (we use Go for feature tests)
- Familiarity with Clang-based tooling (we use ASan, MSan, TSan, and IWYU)
- Event-driven architecture
- Cloud-native development and deployment
- Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment tools like Jenkins, Docker, Kubernetes
- Knowledge of other programming languages / shell scripting
- Knowledge of any other development language, including Go, Java, Python
What we offer you:
• Flexible time off, vacation, holidays, sick-leave so you can take time off when you need to
• Fitness club membership to NY Health & Racquet Club
• 100% healthcare coverage starting on day 1
• Commuter benefits
• 401k Contribution
• Paid parental leave
• Fully stocked kitchens with free snacks and drinks
If you're interested to learn more about dailymotion you can check out:
1./ Our NYC Built-in page https://www.builtinnyc.com/company/dailymotion
2./ Global Hackathon Video https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x70val9,
3./ Info & Videos at our HQ https://www.welcometothejungle.co/companies/dailymotion/team
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.