Back-End Software Engineer at Zocdoc
Zocdoc is the tech company at the beginning of a better healthcare experience. Every day, we are driven by our mission to give power to the patient, building products and services that simplify and streamline the overall healthcare journey for patients and providers, delivering the modern healthcare experience they expect and deserve.
Healthcare moves slow. We move fast. Patients deserve speed and convenience.
The safety and health of our employees is our top priority. As such, our return to office plan will follow a phased approach, working towards a hybrid model. Starting in June we opened our NYC office for colleagues on Wednesdays and Thursdays. This is entirely voluntary and includes all of our regular in-office perks such as free lunch. There will not be any mandatory return to office in 2021. Learn more about our return to office philosophy and plans here!
Your Impact on our Mission:
We are looking for a Software Engineer (SE) to join our engineering team at Zocdoc! As a SE at Zocdoc you will work at the forefront of Zocdoc's Synchronizer technology, facilitating the technical integrations between Zocdoc and providers' scheduling systems. As part of the Technology organization, you will work with client-facing teams and other engineers to build, deploy, and maintain Zocdoc's proprietary integrations and associated tools, ensure a high level of product efficacy, and meet client needs.
You’ll enjoy this role if you are…
- Interested in finding creative solutions to integrating with various technologies and platforms
- Someone looking to run point on greenfield projects and pilot them through every stage of the SDLC
- Motivated by building fully scalable consumer facing applications with the latest technologies
- A great communicator and collaborator who believes in our core value of Together not Alone
- Love working in a highly collaborative and supportive environment
Your day to day is…
- Owning software development from initial discovery and design through to QA and deployment
- Build, customize, and maintain Zocdoc’s scheduling integrations with Electronic Medical Record (EMR) and Practice Management Systems through a wide range of back-end technologies such as C#, AWS, microservices, SQL and much more.
- Identify and implement improvements to our internal interoperability platform and ETLs with an eye for performance, expandability and ease of use
- Collaborating with our agile team of dedicated and brilliant engineers, product managers, and designers
- Sharing and learning through our technology guilds, design and code review processes, and teams that love to explore new ideas and work together
You’ll be successful in this role if you have…
- A demonstrated ability to quickly learn new technical domains
- A sound foundation in computer science fundamentals and are excited to deepen your coding and OO design skills
- Experience working well on agile teams and value open communication, conflict resolution and real time feedback that makes both you and your team better
- 2+ years of professional back-end development experience, including C#, Java, C++ or a similar language
- Experience designing, building or troubleshooting scalable APIs and/or ETLs
- Knowledge of healthcare interoperability standards such as FHIR or HL7 is a plus
- A Computer Science or related degree preferred, but not required
- Unlimited PTO
- 100% paid employee health benefit options
- Competitive parental leave
- Catered lunch everyday along with snacks (in office)
- Cell Phone reimbursement
- Commuter Benefits
- Team outings to celebrate goals
Zocdoc is the country’s leading digital health marketplace that helps patients easily find and book the care they need. Each month, millions of patients use our free service to find nearby, in-network providers, compare choices based on verified patient reviews, and instantly book in-person or video visits online. Providers participate in Zocdoc’s Marketplace to reach new patients to grow their practice, fill their last-minute openings, and deliver a better healthcare experience. Founded in 2007 with a mission to give power to the patient, our work each day in pursuit of that mission is guided by our six core values. Zocdoc is a private company backed by some of the world’s leading investors, and we believe we’re still only scratching the surface of what we plan to accomplish.
Zocdoc is a mission-driven organization dedicated to building teams as diverse as the patients and providers we aim to serve. In the spirit of one of our core values - Together, Not Alone, we are a company that prides itself on being highly collaborative, and we believe that diverse perspectives, experiences and contributors make our community and our platform better. We’re an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. Applicants are considered for employment regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or any other class protected by applicable laws.