Backend Engineer III at Stash (Remote)
Want to help everyday people build wealth? Financial inequality is increasing and too many people are getting left behind. At Stash, we believe in the power of simplifying investing, making it easy and affordable for everyday Americans to build wealth and achieve their financial goals.
We’re one of the fastest growing fintechs in the U.S. and have had another record-breaking year. In 2021 we almost doubled our headcount and valuation. Our personal finance app makes investing easy and affordable; this year 6 million customers set aside more than $3 billion with Stash.
Prioritizing People is one of our core values and has been key to a healthy work-life balance and a great sense of fulfillment and inclusion. We employ a true people first - hybrid model. Live and work where you feel the most productive, whether that is in our home, in an office, or a combination of both. Anywhere in the US or UK.
Let’s solve complex problems and tackle wealth inequality.
We look for people who will help raise the bar for our entire engineering organization in terms of tech prowess, passion for collaboration and desire to mentor and educate fellow team members. We look for strategic thinkers and creative problem solvers with a bias for execution and we’ll expect you to contribute code as well as product/feature ideas from the get-go.
The Stash Account team is looking for a Software Engineer with a passion for building reliable, scalable and performance distributed services to support the Stash mission.
The Stash Account squad sits alongside two other teams currently based in the UK, focusing on building services and experiences to store and manage customer profiles and relationships across Stash.
As a Stash Account team member, you’ll partner with teams across the UK and US, and have the flexibility to use your creative, problem solving skills to improve the Stash experience for our customers.
What you'll do
- Architect, design, and implement backend services including the core API, backend data processing, and vendor integrations
- Work in a cross-functional agile team to deliver working software incrementally
- Own the end to end delivery of software from inception to production
- Instrument, test, profile, and code review software
- Continuously deploy to our cloud-based infrastructure
- Scale software infrastructure for a quickly-growing user base
What we're looking for
- An experienced engineer with a track record of turning ideas into reliable code that others find easy to understand and modify
- Experience building microservices, RESTful APIs or GraphQL services in a collaborative team setting
- Creative problem solver with a passion for testing, debugging, and overall code quality
- Familiarity with or interest in Ruby, Scala, Kotlin or Go
- Experience with event-based architectures and Kafka
- Familiarity with or interest in Docker, AWS, Terraform, Datadog
- Data-driven decision maker, willing to take risks, fail fast, and iterate quickly
- A keen understanding of testing best practices
At Stash it is our mission to help everyday Americans invest and build wealth. That includes people of all races, genders, and abilities, so it is important to us to acknowledge and address the issues of inequality in financial services head on.
Diversity and inclusion are essential to living our values, promoting innovation, and building the best products. Our success is directly related to our employees and we believe that our team should reflect the diversity of the customers that we serve. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Stash is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds.
If you require any reasonable accommodations to make your application process more accessible please reach out to [email protected].
Invest in Yourself:
- 25 days annual leave, group personal pension plan (3% employer contributions), and optional subsidized private medical care
- £1,000 Educational Stipend to invest in your career, growth, and development
- £350 Work-From-Home Stipend to set up your ergonomically-friendly remote workspace + £26 monthly Internet reimbursement
- BuiltIn’s Best Places to Work (2019, 2020, 2021)
- Forbes Fintech 50 (2019, 2020, 2021)
- Best Digital Bank, Finovate Awards (2020)
- Tearsheet Challenge Awards, Best Banking Card Product - Stock-Back® Card, 2020
- LendIt Fintech Innovator of the Year (2019 & 2020)
**No recruiters, please**