Backend Engineer at Stash
Stash is pioneering the future of personal finance with the first financial subscription that helps people create better lives. From budgeting to saving for retirement, Stash unites banking, investing, and advice all in one app that has helped more than 5M people reach their financial goals and make progress towards financial freedom
We’re hiring a Backend Engineer who will report to the Engineering Manager for our Growth squad. The Growth Squad is responsible for attracting new customers to Stash, especially through Referrals.
What you’ll do:
- Build backend services including the core APIs that power our mobile apps, and our backend data processing and trading systems
- Deliver software components from the first commit to production
- Work in a multi-functional agile team to produce working software incrementally
- Instrument, test, profile, and code review software
- Continuously deploy to our cloud-based infrastructure
What we’re looking for:
- 3+ years of professional experience building consumer-facing software
- BS in Computer Science preferred or relevant industry experience
- A passionate engineer who can turn ideas and requirements into working software
- Experience building RESTful APIs
- Creative problem solver with a passion for testing, debugging, and overall code quality
- Familiarity with or interest in Scala, Akka, Terraform, Postgres, SNS/SQS, Kafka, Ruby on Rails
We believe that diversity and inclusion are essential to living our values, promoting innovation, and building the best products out there. Our success is directly related to the employees that we hire, grow and retain and we believe that our team should reflect the diversity of the customers that we serve.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Stash is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by law. Everyone is encouraged to apply.
Benefits & Perks:
- Equity in Stash
- Flexible Vacation
- Family-Friendly Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance Plans
- Learning & Development Stipend
- Commuter Benefits and Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Employee referral bonuses
- Stocked fridges & kitchens and catered lunch on Fridays
- Thursday happy hours
- Team outings that do not involve trust falls...
Awards & Recognition:
- Forbes Fintech 50 (2019)
- LendIt Fintech Innovator of the Year (2019)
- Built in NYC's Best Places to work (2019)
- Built in NYC’s Startups to Watch (2018)
- Wall Street Journal's "Top 25 Tech Companies To Watch" (2018)
- MarCom Awards Double Gold & Platinum Winner (2018)
- Webby Award Winner for Best Mobile Sites & Apps in the Financial Services and Banking category (2017)
- W3 Awards Winner for Best User Experience (2017)
**No recruiters, please.