Biometrics Innovations Engineer
CLEAR makes life easier and more secure by using biometrics – your fingerprints, eyes and face – to confirm that you are you, and keep you moving. Imagine a world where you can do virtually everything you need to – breeze through the airport, buy a beer at the game, check-in at the doctor’s office, access your office building, and more – without ever pulling out your wallet or phone. Now in 45+ airports and other venues nationwide, you are your ID, credit card, ticket, reservation and more with CLEAR.
We’re defining and leading an entirely new industry, moving quickly with data-informed decisions, obsessing over our customers, and investing in great people to lead the way. Recently named on CNBC’s Disruptor 50 List and winner of the SXSW Interactive Innovation Award, we’re working tirelessly to create frictionless customer experiences for our 3+ million members across the country.
CLEAR is looking for an experienced solutions engineer build and explore technologies to foster the growth of our platform. You will have a broad love of technology, API design, architecture, software development, security and identity paradigms, and an appreciation of hardware. You have a desire to envision, innovate, and quickly enable a new and better world through biometrics and security.
The ideal candidate is energized by CLEAR’s groundbreaking efforts and answers technical challenges with “how” not “if”. You’re comfortable with innovative, mission-critical projects which will lead to a high quality end result. This position reports to the Vice President of Biometric Identity.
What You Will Do:
- Research and investigate new technologies for the purpose of applied solutions and/or innovation
- Build proof of concept integrations and production prototypes. The ideal candidate will have interest and context in a range of technologies and deep proficiency.
- Create prototypes for next-generation software.
- Engage in the developer community, both to assist with API usage and to share our designs and solutions
- Integration of next generation and art of the possible hardware and sensors.
- Creation and publication of interfaces into the Clear ecosystem for our partners.
Who You Are:
- A strong hands-on software background and a proven record of software development success (in industry and/or with open source).
- Proficiencies in Cloud Native Java, C, C#, Android, iOS, and Python technology.
- Create solutions that run in microseconds and milliseconds.
- Knowledge in one or more of the following areas is a strong plus: distributed computing, security and optimization, machine learning, neural networks.