Client Technology Specialist
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 28th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2018, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2018. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
Do you want to be a key contributor on a team that is recognized for enhancing the employee experience through complex technical solutions? If the answer is yes, then the IT Client Services team in Information Systems sounds like the right fit for you.
We are seeking a Client Technology Specialist to join our dynamic team. We manage an extensive portfolio of systems utilized by employees across the organization. As a member, you will participate in the implementation of innovative technologies along with the support of existing solutions. Specifically, the successful candidate will be responsible to support various end user solutions, liaison with our vendor partners and manage user data and dashboards. This includes telecom (Asentine/Tangoe, Amcom/Spok), Mass Communications (Everbridge), Call Center (Genesys) and more. There is no requirement to have experience with these applications – we love to teach!
- Act as the liaison between business users, technical teams, external vendors to manage requests and provide technical guidance
- Create databases by pulling raw data from various application sources
- Integrate databases to be able to provide a single dataset view
- Prepare Dashboards using Tableau
- Support custom web-based applications and SQL server instances
- Develop and maintain detailed support documentation for assigned applications/projects
- A motivated self-starter who has an optimistic and positive attitude
- Adept at planning and prioritizing work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals
- Capable of building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions
- Resilient in recovering from setbacks and skilled at finding detours around obstacles
- Adept at learning quickly, applying insights from past efforts to new situations
- Goal oriented and consistently striving to achieve efficient results
- Bachelor’s Degree in Healthcare, Information Systems or equivalent experience required
- 3-5 years’ experience supporting databases and custom web apps
- Leveraging vendor provided API and/or Web-Services
- ASP.NET (C#)
- Structured Query Language (SQL)
- Dashboards (Tableau)
- Ability to effectively handle multiple projects and prioritize tasks
- Off-hours support required
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.