The Cloud Engineer at Prescriptive Data plays a key position in the Engineering organization as it enables scalability and optimization of the cloud systems by leveraging the unique offerings that Azure and AWS Cloud offers while at the same time giving optionality to the company for alternative technologies.
- To help the engineering team create a parallel Azure and AWS implementation of Nantum Cloud.
- To plan and execute scalability projects.
- To implement security recommendations coming from our Security team.
- Help with the certification and maintenance of industry standards.
- To automate the entire provisioning process.
- To abstract out Azure and AWS specific paradigms from the core implementation.
- Interact with the Microsoft Azure and AWS team for technical support and architecture topics.
- Optimize infrastructure cost.
- Participate in product meetings to decide best way to implement new features leveraging Azure and AWS Cloud.
- Produce detailed documentation and step by step processes to troubleshoot the infrastructure.
- Participate in client meetings that require a point of view on Azure based implementations.
- Build an on-Prem version of Nantum.
Skills & Abilities
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- Knowledge of most Azure and AWS services.
- Excellent Troubleshooting and Diagnostic skills.
- Load Testing.
- Capacity Planning.
- DB: Relational, NoSQL.
- Need to understand the basics of cybersecurity, networking, linux/windows management.
- Cybersecurity tool knowledge would be a nice to have.
Education & Experience
- Four (4) year bachelor’s degree in computer programming, computer science, or a related field required or equivalent work experience.
- Microsoft Azure and or AWS Certification.
- At least four (4) year Infrastructure experience.
- At least two (2) years in AZURE and or AWS experience.
- Prior experience with working on SaaS Production systems.
- At least one (1) year in onPremise servers experience.
We take care of you!
- Great benefits, including medical and dental all starting on your first day.
- 401K Plan.
- A great place to work!!