IEX is looking for a talented developer to contribute to the Technology Development team.
You have experience developing complex applications and systems, ideally with low latency Java, and have a solid understanding of technology fundamentals.
You will have the opportunity to apply that experience and knowledge to build new products for the Exchange. This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced developer to join a team that will focus on new development. You will also work closely with Data Engineering, Market Operations, and Product teams to develop new order types and deliver new product offerings for the Exchange.
You are a high energy self-starter who is intellectually curious, not afraid to be hands-on, and eager to contribute to code every single day. Experience of event driven systems is desired, but a real passion for our mission of fairness and transparency is imperative. If this sounds like you, join us!
- Self-starter – you can prioritize tasks and deliver on-time
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Collaborative team player with a strong interest in mentoring junior team members
- Strong communication skills – you will have to work with employees from across the organization
What you’ll do:
- Responsible for coding the business logic for new products and order types for the Exchange
- Design new trading systems and build new frameworks, including architecture, API design, testing and deployment
- Build out software components and systems needed for delivery of new technology products
- Collaborate with partners in business development, support and infrastructure teams to ensure successful delivery of the product
- Work closely with cross-functional teams such as Market Operations, Data Engineering, Business Analytics, and Quant Research
- Provide support to Exchange operations and engineering teams
- 5+ years of software development experience
- Strong object-oriented programming experience, particularly in Java
- Experience of building software for Linux platforms and of using git for source control
- Understanding of full Java development processes (build tools, continuous integration, automated testing, deployment)
- Experience of working within an event driven architecture and building frameworks
- Experience with network programming (IP Multicast, TCP, etc.)
- Experience in financial markets and building electronic trading systems
- Distributed computing, data modeling, operational experience, a plus
- High performance C/C++
- Understanding of low level OS/network mechanism, such as thread scheduling, caching and multicast.
- High performance data structure/algorithm.
- Market structure and Equities market knowledge
- Experience with algo trading and smart order routing (SOR)
- Experience with matching engine development
- Database experience with MySQL, Redis, kdb, a plus
Here at IEX, we are dedicated to an inclusive workplace and culture. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. This policy not only complies with all applicable laws and protects workers' rights but is vital to IEX’s overall mission and values.