Stash is a digital-first financial services company committed to making saving and investing accessible to everyone. By breaking down barriers and building transparent, technology-driven products, we help the 99% build smarter financial habits so they can confidently save more, grow wealth, and enjoy life.
Stash is looking for a Data Scientist with a passion for building reliable, scalable, and performant software. We look for strategic thinkers and creative problem solvers with a bias for execution and we’ll expect you to contribute code as well as product/feature ideas from the get-go. If you are looking for a culture that encourages ownership, taking calculated risks, being data-driven and that values evidence over ego, this may be the role for you.
What you’ll do:
- You will work closely with our CTO and engineering teams to establish new systems for our products to predict and augment the Stash experience in ever more intelligent ways
- Design predictive models which grow and adapt as our products and customer base scale, utilizing machine learning, time-series and Bayesian statistics
- Work with large datasets to help us better understand our customers and anticipate their needs through distributed computation techniques
- Make rigorous statistical inferences from A/B testing on our product and customer segments
- Normalize our data across institutions and sources using semi-supervised learning
What we’re looking for:
- MS in Computer Science, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Physics, Engineering or a related field with 3+ years of experience
- 2+ years of professional programming work in Python, Scala, Java, or similar
- Experience with Pandas, R, or other statistical modeling frameworks
- An understanding of storing and querying data from Redshift, PostgreSQL, or similar
- Passion to use all aspects of data science, programming, and technology to build the financial advisor of the future
- Experience using machine learning to improve algorithmic systems
- Experience with machine learning frameworks such as Apache Spark or Apache Hadoop/MapReduce
We believe that diversity and inclusion are essential to living our values, promoting innovation, and building the best products out there. Our success is directly related to the employees that we hire, grow and retain and we believe that our team should reflect the diversity of the customers that we serve.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Stash is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by law. Everyone is encouraged to apply.
Benefits, Perks, & More!:
* Equity In Stash * Flexible Vacation
* Four Family-Friendly Medical Plans * Two Dental & One Vision Insurance Plan
* 401k * Learning & Development Stipend
* Commuter Benefits * Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
* Employee Referral Bonuses * Stocked Fridges & Kitchens
* Thursday Happy Hours * Catered Lunch on Fridays
* Team outings that do not involve trust falls...
Awards & Recognition:
- Built in NYC’s Startups to Watch in 2018
- Wall Street Journal's "Top 25 Tech Companies To Watch" in 2018
- MarCom Awards 2018 Double Gold & Platinum Winner
- 2017 Webby Award Winner for Best Mobile Sites & Apps in the Financial Services and Banking category
- 2017 W3 Awards Winner for Best User Experience
**No recruiters, please.