LeafLink is the largest unified B2B cannabis platform, providing licensed cannabis businesses a suite of tools to manage their business more effectively, sell or order from their favorite brands and accelerate growth. We are one platform, one solution and we’re defining the way thousands of cannabis brands, distributors and retailers streamline their operations. With thousands of brands and retailers across 30+ markets in North America, we are setting the industry standard for how cannabis businesses grow together. LeafLink processes more than $4.4 billion in wholesale cannabis orders annually.
Our team, backed by funding from leading VC's, including Founders Fund, Thrive Capital, Nosara Capital, and Lerer Hippeau is poised to define the cannabis supply chain through technology. LeafLink was named one of Inc. 5000’s ‘Top 5000 Fastest-Growing Private Companies’, one of Built In NYC's 'Best Places to Work in 2021', as well as one of Fast Company's 'Top 10 Most Innovative Companies in Enterprise for 2020', joining the ranks of Amazon, Slack, and VMWare - and we're just getting started!The Role
LeafLink is seeking a DevOps Engineer to join our New York team who is passionate about working on teams that solve interesting, large-scale problems at a rapid pace. This role will contribute heavily to the buildout and iteration of LeafLink’s existing and emerging systems, powering an ever-expanding set of product offerings. As a member of our engineering team, you will be in a position to have a direct, lasting impact everywhere that technology powers our business.
LeafLink is in the midst of a large-scale platform overhaul that will strengthen our position as a technical leader within the industry. As such, this role has the opportunity to help shape and grow this new platform, as well as work within new and growing technologies. It’s a very exciting time to join our engineering team!
Ideal candidates for this position should possess a keen mind for solving tough problems with the ideal solution, partnering effectively with various team members along the way. They should be personable, efficient, flexible and communicative, possess a strong desire to implement change, growth, and maturity, and have a passion and love for what they do. This role comes with the opportunity to be a high performer within a department that’s fast-paced, dynamic, and quickly growing in all areas.Responsibilities:
- Strengthen our application and environment security, applying standards and best practices and providing tooling to make development workflows more secure
- Create, maintain, and iterate on our CI/CD processes for new and existing services
- Increase the sophistication of our alerting and escalation mechanisms
- Keep up to date on modern technologies and trends and advocate for their inclusion within products when it makes sense
- Help increase system performance with a focus on high availability and scalability
- Propose, scope, design, and implement various infrastructure architectures
- Work collaboratively with multiple agile teams to help deliver end-to-end products and features, seeing them through from conception to delivery
- Continue to Keep the Lights On (day-to-day administration)
- Help define, document, evolve, and evangelize high engineering standards and best practices across multiple areas
- Move quickly and intelligently - seeing technical debt as your nemesis
- 3+ years of professional experience as a DevOps / System Engineer
- Fluent in Python and Python testing best practices
- Experience working in and advocating for agile environments
- Extensive experience working within AWS and with it’s managed products (EC2, ECS, ECR, R53, SES, Elasticache, RDS, etc)
- Strong experience working with automation tooling (Terraform, Ansible, etc)
- Strong experience with containers (Docker, Compose, ECS, Kubernetes)
- Strong experience with various managed and self-hosted CI/CD tooling (Jenkins, Travis, CircleCI, Spinnaker, Harness, Flux)
- Strong understanding of DNS, TCPDUMP, CDNS, SSL, Git, Firewalls and networking concepts (VPC, subnetting, routing, VPNs, etc).
- Experience managing, troubleshooting, and maintaining relational databases such as PostgreSQL (RDS), Redshift, and MySQL
- Hands-on experience designing, diagraming, and implementing highly available and scalable systems
- Experience working with Kubernetes on any cloud platform or self-hosted is a huge plus!
- Experience deploying microservice architecture, applications, and supporting services
- Experience working on high-traffic, international systems
- Familiar with software security best practices
- Understanding of monitoring tools (Pagerduty, CloudWatch, Datadog, Sentry, etc)
- An active member of the open source and New York tech community a plus
- A participant in a formal 24x7 DevOps on-call rotation
- Experience working within large-scale decoupled, service-oriented systems a plus
- An interest in the cannabis industry and/or the LeafLink brand
- Flexible PTO to give our employees a little extra R&R when they need it
- Competitive compensation and 401k
- Comprehensive health coverage (medical, dental, vision)
- Commuter Benefits through a Flexible Spending Account
- A robust stock option plan to give our employees a direct stake in LeafLink’s success
LeafLink’s employee-centric culture has earned us a coveted spot on BuiltInNYC’s Best Places to Work for in 2021 list. Learn more about LeafLink’s history and the path to our First Billion in Wholesale Cannabis Orders here.