Director of Engineering , AdTech
Dailymotion is the leading video discovery destination & technology that learns about your tastes over time, constantly surfacing the best, most relevant content on the web. Our mission is to provide the best video user experience for consumers on the market, connecting publishers and advertisers to engaged viewers who turn to dailymotion for their daily fix of the most compelling music, entertainment, news and sports content around.
Through partnerships with the world's leading publishers and content creators, A&E, Bloomberg, Meredith Corp, CBS, Bein Sports, CNN, Conde Nast, Universal Music Group, VICE and more, Dailymotion commands 3 billion monthly pageviews across its mobile app, desktop and connected TV experiences. Dailymotion is owned by Vivendi, one of the largest mass-media corporations in the world.
At Dailymotion, we‘re storytellers. We build the best place for people to enjoy the videos that matter. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring discoverable stories to life through premium content from the world’s best publishers. We do this by helping these publishers grow their audiences and monetize their content, their way.
As part of its growing activities, Dailymotion has enforced its programmatic and monetization product by building its own video ad stack to deliver a new monetization solution for its own ecosystem around online, mobile and TV, and to provide innovative marketing solutions for advertisers.
As the Sr. Director of Engineering you will be:
Leading the management and execution of technical Ad-Tech Feature teams in NY and Paris. Working directly with your counterparts, you will manage Ad-Tech teams that focus on core real-time software development, UI and services and data architecture teams. You will also assist with the management of resources in other areas such as Architecture, DevOps and Data Science. As Director you will be advising team leads, helping them in developing, tasking, advising, planning and leading both on the technical and organizational aspects.
You will work closely with senior product owners and stakeholders to help execute the core product roadmap and directly report the progress of any related engineering teams as the main point of contact for the Paris office.
§ Review, direct, guide the work of all Ad-Tech engineering teams located globally.
§ Work with fast-paced initiatives, overseeing projects from idea conception and strategy development to deployment, production, and operations.
§ Analyze and improve efficiency, scalability, and stability of monitoring, continuous integration and platform integration
§ Interface with other teams located onsite and offshore to incorporate innovations and define guidelines
§ Work closely with other architects to define requirements and translate them into high-performance & scalable architectures
- 8-10+ years of software engineering experience with progressively increasing responsibilities and at least 3-5 years of experience in a leadership capacity
- Proven experience in a fast-paced, high volume product development environment overseeing distributed systems engineering
- Capable of influencing key stakeholders, product leadership, customers and sales
- 5+ year's relevant experience working with high performance and scalable platforms
- Experience in System Design/Architecture and Product development
- BA/BS degree with 8+ years of experience (Computer Science degree preferred) or MS degree and 5+ years of experience in software development is preferred
- A great understanding of the Ad-tech ecosystem would be a plus
- High level of fluency in English (spoken, written)
• Flexible time off, vacation, holidays, sick-leave so you can take time off when you need to
• Fitness club membership to NY Health & Racquet Club
• 100% healthcare coverage starting on day 1
• Commuter benefits
• 401k Contribution
• Paid parental leave
• Fully stocked kitchens with free snacks and drinks
Location: New York
Type of contract: full-time and permanent
If you're interested to learn more about dailymotion you can check out:
1./ Our NYC Built-in page https://www.builtinnyc.com/company/dailymotion
2./ Global Hackathon video https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x70val9,
3./ Info & Videos at our Global HQ https://www.welcometothejungle.co/companies/dailymotion/team