Are you looking to join a rocketship? Are you ready to build a business that is redefining an industry and launching products that help members improve their mental and physical well-being? Do you love partnering with and leading teams, obsessing over the customer experience, and building businesses that scale? If so, keep reading...
Peloton is looking for a Director of Engineering - Ecommerce Web Content that will help scale Peloton's $1+ billion ecommerce channel. This leader will be responsible for growing an expert team and executing the roadmap of innovative features by partnering with your peers in product management, design, marketing, member support, and international teams. You should have a passion for the web, ecommerce, technical and operational excellence, and relentlessly championing best practices in a continuously evolving and dynamic environment.
- Lead by example and serve as a role model for the company by building a culture of learning, respect, transparency, and trust
- Lead, coach, and mentor a team of engineering managers and staff engineers for professional development
- Align our technology with the goals of the business and strategic objectives
- Define and deliver the technical roadmap for multiple quarters to a year
- Collaborate with cross-functional team members from Product, Design, and Marketing in order to deliver against quarterly and annual roadmap initiatives.
- Manage and identify organizational-wide risk, dependencies and remove blockers when needed
- Drive continuous improvement using data and information from teams to identify issues and ways to improve
- Deliver top of funnel, engagement, and personalization features that drive higher purchase intent and improve conversion
- Evangelize and advocate for technical and operational excellence
- Establish technical KPIs to measure the effectiveness of your teams and impact on acquisition metrics
- Instill a culture of ownership, learning, automation, re-use, and engineering efficiency through the use of common design patterns and industry best practices.
- Facilitate technical discussions across teams and organizations
- Build the toolset and platform required to accelerate experimentation, optimize for performance, and enable faster rollout of marketing landing pages with minimal development impact
- Build for scale: Deliver on a roadmap that balances feature development with long-term scaling
- Obsess over customers: partner with product management to leverage market research, user research, data analysis, and user testing that informs product requirements to build the most intuitive, highly performant, simple, and engaging ecommerce web experience for our members
- Build strong relationships with vendors, negotiate hard on contracts, and keep the vendors accountable based on their SLA commitments
- 10+ years of experience in building highly scalable software products and platforms
- 5+ years managing and leading engineering teams
- Proven experience with modern front-end web technologies, architectures, and building high performant user-friendly experiences on the web.
- Subject matter expertise in e-commerce
- Strong understanding of Agile, Lean, and DevOps principles
- Strong project management skills with the ability to scope and assess the risk of large development and testing efforts that span multiple teams and organizations in a high-paced, high-growth environment
- Excellent communication, listening, and collaboration skills
- Strong customer obsession: you enjoy obsessing over getting the customer experience right
- You earn trust with your direct team and stakeholders: you listen, you are inclusive, you treat others with respect, and you are willing to be vocally self-critical
- Hire and develop the best: you value coaching your team and developing leaders. You have a demonstrated track record of hiring strong diverse talent and moving them through the organization
- Passionate self-starter, decisive, and able to move with speed to implement ideas
- Data-driven - you lean on data to make decisions and when you don’t have data, you search for customer anecdotes to gain insights
- You are a builder-- you like to invent on behalf of customers. You are comfortable working with ambiguity
- Enjoy tech talks, katas, lunch and learns, and geeking over programming languages, architecture, design patterns, user interface design, agile development, design sprints or whatever topic you are passionate about
- Attend meetups, conferences, and participate in the software engineering community
- Contribute to open-source projects or have a hobby project you can demonstrate
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, and streaming technology, we create digital fitness and wellness content and products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: [email protected]
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email [email protected] before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.