Director of Engineering at Dataminr
--COVID-19 Hiring Update--
As the health and safety of our candidates and our employees come first, we're excited to provide virtual experiences for interviews and new hire on-boarding. Currently, reopening of offices is planned for January 2022.
Who we are:
Dataminr puts real-time AI and public data to work for our clients, generating relevant and actionable alerts for global corporations, public sector agencies, newsrooms, and NGOs. Our leading AI platform detects the earliest signals of high-impact events and emerging risks from vast amounts of publicly available information. Our real-time alerts enable tens of thousands of users at hundreds of public and private sector organizations to learn first of breaking events around the world, develop effective risk mitigation strategies, and respond with confidence as crises unfold.
Dataminr is making its mark for growth and innovation, recently earning recognition on the Deloitte Technology Fast 500, Forbes AI 50 and Forbes Cloud 100 lists. We also earned accolades for ‘Most Innovative Use of AI’ from the 2020 AI & Machine Learning Awards.
Join our team and help the world manage risk in real time. You’ll work with 800+ talented people across eight offices, united by our passion to collaborate, make a difference, and have fun while doing it!
Who you are:
You're a senior engineering leader with experience in full stack development. You understand the challenges of a high-growth technology company from a business, systems, and development standpoint and can effectively translate them into strategies and solutions. You are comfortable with a cross disciplined engineering team and work well with other technical leaders.
As a Director of Engineering at Dataminr, you'll work with product, design and engineering to deliver a world class product experience to our growing set of clients. As our company grows, you will also hire, build, mentor and develop your development teams.
You’re passionate about AI and data-driven large scale environments, and have a proven track record of building and maintaining real-time, high throughput machine learning driven platforms and applications that support consumer facing businesses.
- Set the technology strategy and direction for your area of responsibility
- Partner with other teams across engineering, product, research, and design to plan, develop, and track capabilities and new technologies
- Build a balanced technical roadmap that ensures stable future platform growth
- Become a champion for your area of responsibility and subject matter expert as well as train and mentor other engineers and leaders
- Implement and improve existing development, testing, deployment and issue tracking practices
- Provide career growth plans and direction for team members
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Proven experience in leading and supporting large scale data driven platforms
- Prior management and leadership experience growing, mentoring and developing talent
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including ability to interface and partner with different levels of the organization
- Demonstrated ability to manage and prioritize projects in a fast-paced, high-growth technology/SaaS/cloud-based environment
- Professional experience with machine learning driven platforms and/or applications - a plus
- BS/MS in Computer Science or 10+ years of relevant experience
For individuals applying for US-based roles:
Dataminr is requiring that all prospective employees hired for this position present proof that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to their first day of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law.
Dataminr is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates who are unable to be vaccinated due to a sincerely held religious belief, medical reasons, or other legally protected reasons, should contact their recruiting representative as soon as possible following any conditional offer of employment to explore what, if any, reasonable accommodations Dataminr is able to offer.