Renting a home is the world's oldest subscription service. People spend thousands of dollars every month for an experience that is outdated, inconvenient, analog, impersonal, and leaves a lot to be desired. Latch is working to make every building better, and while we've methodically executed this mission since our founding with great success, we're just getting started.
Leveraging our knowledge from companies like Apple, BCG, and IDEO, we’ve rethought how people interact with space. Latch delivers a full-building operating system designed to help owners, residents, and third parties like guests, couriers, and service providers, seamlessly experience the modern building. We’ve done this by combining software, devices, and services into a holistic platform that makes spaces more efficient, enjoyable, and profitable.
The next chapter of the Latch story will be our most exciting yet, and we’re looking for more talented team members to help fuel our growth.
Latch is seeking a Director to join the engineering leaders responsible for designing and building the backbone of our smart access system. You will work within cross-functional teams and collaborate closely with other backend engineers, site reliability engineers, mobile engineers, firmware engineers, product managers, and operations. While leading one of our commercial product units, you will work on projects that shape the future of the Latch software platforms to meet the growing performance, scalability, and security needs of our customers with the potential to build out your own team.
- Design and implement major software components, systems, and features that span cloud, mobile, web, and embedded systems
- Lead large technical projects including priorities, timelines, and deliverables
- Experiment with and recommend new technologies to introduce into the software ecosystem
- Evangelize architectural best practices across the engineering department
- Define and evolve engineering processes to improve engineering effectiveness and efficiency
- Be a trusted technical advisor across the organization
- Mentor and train other team members on design techniques and coding standards
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field from an accredited university
- 15+ years of professional software development experience
- Expert in system design of distributed systems
- Experience with at least one cloud provider, AWS preferred
- Experience with IoT systems preferred
- Experience with security and cryptography concepts preferred
Founded in 2014, Latch now has 300+ team members working to make spaces better places to live, work, and visit. Over half of our team members work in product development roles, and our team leverages established expertise in over 55 professional disciplines.
We offer unlimited Paid Time Off, a comprehensive benefits package, mental health support, and an environment where employees are surrounded by creative, empowered, and dynamic peers.
In conjunction with our core values: Contagious Determination, Humility, Trust, Inclusion, Action with Intent, and Privacy, we approach our work with care and a sense of duty, to make the world a better space.
We embrace diversity and strive to create an inclusive and equitable environment for all.
Applicant Privacy Notice