Director, Mobile Engineering at Frame.io
See all jobs
You know how to think both small (phone) and large (tablet/mac) to solve complex problems. Lead our team of exceptional Swift engineers to push the boundaries of our native apps by challenging and evolving how we build.
Frame.io is changing the future of how videos are made by helping over 1 million creative professionals seamlessly collaborate from all over the world.
We’re backed by Accel, SignalFire, FirstMark, Jared Leto, and a host of other amazing investors. Our market-leading product is used and loved by companies such as Turner, Disney, NASA, Snapchat, BBC, BuzzFeed, TED, Adobe, Udemy, and many more.
We’re in an exciting period of growth and are on the lookout for talented and passionate individuals who share our vision for helping visual content creators produce their best work.
About the Role
As the Director of Mobile Engineering, you will own the roadmap, strategy and development of native mobile apps at Frame.io, including our award-winning iOS application. You’re passionate about pushing the boundaries of what mobile applications can do, both in functionality and design, and you’re ready to help grow our world-class team to build some of the best applications on the market. You’ll work closely with the squads to structure our applications and create best practices; with our designers, thinking both small (phone) and large (tablet/mac) about how to solve complex film industry problems; and with our senior stakeholders to build out robust and future-driven mobile squads.
Our team is excited about using some of the latest technologies, currently building out our iOS applications purely in Swift on the latest OS’s. We enjoy a strong relationship with Apple, allowing us to push the boundaries of what we can build on both iOS and macOS, and our team members are constantly challenging and evolving how we build.
Engineering at Frame.io is about more than just code and infrastructure - it's about making an impact, crafting unique experiences, and building products that inspire creativity. We work with petabytes of data, hundreds of thousands of video encodes per day, and take on the challenges and demands that come from working at the very forefront of delivering Enterprise grade secure collaboration experiences.
- Passion for technical leadership, growing and mentoring engineers, and collaborating closely with product and design
- 10+ years of overall technical experience, including multiple apps on the iOS and Android app stores
- Up-to-date knowledge of mobile technologies and best practices across including Combine or related FRP frameworks
- Track record of delivering beautiful and performant applications, including a strong sense of clean animations and flexible layout
- Knowledgeable and opinionated on mobile tooling, including CI pipelines, deployment automation, and dependency management
- A proficiency in security best practices across mobile environments
- Eager to innovate in architectural best practices like load optimizations, pre-fetching, framework building, and compile time strategies
- Lead, manage and attract talent to grow the Native Apps squads to new levels of performance in an inclusive environment
- Foster a culture of growth and collaboration, helping mobile managers and contributors to reach their full potential
- Advocate for mobile engineering excellence and contribute to architecture and high-level structure of our applications
- Co-own the strategy for mobile innovation with your product partners and senior stakeholders
- Charter our mobile Android strategy and build our first Android squad as we broaden our mobile offerings
- Work closely with product and design stakeholders to build a best-in-class experiences for our users
- Become a customer expert by interfacing with external users of our platform
- Help drive culture and process improvements across our engineering organization with input to the broader company
- Competitive salary and equity
- Paid parental leave for primary or secondary caregivers
- Unlimited PTO and designated Volunteering paid time off
- Yearly stipend for learning and development
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance and OneMedical membership
- Flexible Spending Account
- Monthly Work from Home Stipend
- 1 paid company-wide holiday for each month in the calendar year
- All-company week-long winter and summer breaks
Our philosophy is simple. At Frame.io, we believe that working with people of different backgrounds and perspectives allows us to elevate each other and helps us build a better product for our users.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and are committed to providing all employees with a work environment that celebrates individuality and remains free from any form of discrimination and harassment. We base our employment decisions on the needs of our business, job requirements, and applicants' qualifications. In other words, we only care that you’re the best person for the job.