ABOUT HAPPY MONEY
Happy Money is a financial technology company on a mission to develop and deliver affordable and accessible financial tools and services that empower people to use money as a tool for their happiness. Members benefit from loans funded by a national network of customer-focused lending partners and designed to help them accomplish their goals.
Backed by leading investors including Anthemis Group, FirstMark Capital, and CMFG Ventures, Happy Money has helped over 208,000 members since inception – working with lending partners to fund over $3.7 billion in loans*. Founded in 2009, Happy Money has a passionate and purpose-driven employee base of over 400 people across the United States. For more information, please visit happymoney.com.
*As of 12/31/2021
Happy Money is looking for a Director of UI Engineering to lead our UI Platform division in delivering new and continuously improved user experiences that are intuitive and accessible to all. Our ideal candidate has proven industry experience with developing UI for mobile/web platforms, as well as an innovative, forthright, team player who is customer obsessed and passionate about building teams and developing strong technical talent. Domain expertise, strategy, technical vision, forward thinking, and influential business acumen are essential. In this role, you will be at the center of defining Happy Money’s core User Interface platform and evangelizing values of love, trust, and hustle across the entire engineering organization and beyond!
In This Role...
- Define the UI platform vision, strategy, and direction; and manage execution by collaborating with other engineering teams and cross functional teams
- Build a strong, healthy, and diverse team by hiring, mentoring and coaching
- Foster an environment of freedom and responsibility, promote ownership, and be accountable for team plans and deliverables
- Leverage your experience and leadership to transform existing functions to drive consistency and efficiency through Agile processes, KPIs, and OKRs
- Provide strong technical leadership to the team and partner teamsLead teams to drive projects from idea formulation, to design, and to implementation
- Balance a high quality, high output engineering mindset with the demands of a high growth business
- Partner and support other organizations within the company to reliably deliver intuitive and highly effective experiences for internal and external customers
- Align closely with our product organization with a focus on efficiency, capacity, and quality
- 15+ years of combined experience in front end mobile/web application development
- 8+ years of experience in managing and leading teams to build rich mobile/web applications with the latest mobile and browser technologies
- Strong track record of managing multiple teams with 20+ engineers
- Strong track record of delivering large scale front-end mobile and web applications
- Solid collaboration, verbal and written communication skills
- Extensive and strong development experience in cloud environments, such as AWS, Azure, and GCP, is a plus
- Experience in building distributed systems is a plus
- Experience in building cloud native applications
- Experience developing platforms leveraging configuration as code to perform multivariate testing and test in production deployment strategies
- Experience managing agile development teams through the full SDLC
- Experience with reporting and data visualization technology is a plus
- Strong hands-on skills
- Can drill deep into the complex system design and implementation when needed
- BS/MS/PhD in Computer Science or related majors, or equivalent experience
BONUS POINTS FOR
- Prior experience in the FinTech Industry, Banking or Lending Products
- Graduate degree in Computer Science
Here at Happy Money, we live by our core values of Love, Trust, and Hustle and welcome all. Love is shown in how we develop meaningful relationships with everyone we interact with; whether it’s a member or your manager. Trust is shown through how we empower each other to come to work as our true selves and embrace our differences. Hustle is shown through how we fail fast and learn from our mistakes. No one is perfect, we’re all human; if this job description doesn’t exactly match your background, we encourage you to apply anyway!