Electrical Engineer II at CLEAR
CLEAR helps create safer, easier experiences everywhere you go. We believe you are you and by using your biometrics – your eyes, face, and fingerprints – we keep you moving. Imagine a world where you can do virtually everything you need to – breeze through the airport, buy a beer at the game, check-in at the doctor’s office, access your office building, and more – without ever pulling out your wallet. CLEAR is currently available in 50+ airports, venues and more. Now with Health Pass, CLEAR securely connects a person’s digital identity to multiple layers of COVID-related insights to help reduce public health risk and restore peace of mind.
We’re defining and leading an entirely new industry, obsessing over our customers, and investing in great people to lead the way. Recently named on CNBC’s Disruptor 50 List for the second year in a row and winner of the SXSW Interactive Innovation Award, CLEAR is providing innovative technology options for businesses and our 5+ million members to help create a safer environment no matter where you go.
CLEAR is looking for an Electrical Engineer to join the Technology team. In this role, you’ll be responsible for building cutting-edge applications. We’re looking for someone who is passionate about technology, stays on top of the latest trends within the field, and loves to engage with the developer community. You’ll do the best work of your career.
What You Will Do:
- Create custom PCB designs using preferred eCAD tool
- Derive technical specifications based on product level requirements
- Own architecture selection, electrical design, schematic, layout, and validation of electronic PCBAs and multi-component electrical systems.
- Support Sourcing and Procurement teams to vet supply chain and production partners
- Validate design through functional verification, signal characterization, power modeling/test and system coexistence testing
- Set factory test requirements, assist in software bring up, and travel on-site to the manufacturer to ensure the design is built and tested successfully
- Research technologies and scope development opportunities
- Communicate cross functionally to to deliver a successful product to market
- Lead large projects from idea to positive execution
Who You Are:
- BS or MS degree in Electrical Engineering or related technical field, or 5+ years of related industry experience
- Experience with embedded systems design, processor selection, various communication protocols (especially CAN, USB, SPI, I2C and UART), analog design, sensor integration, low power design, high power design, and various RF technologies
- Experience using eCAD tools for schematic capture, layout, and analysis
- Cross-functional experience in hardware, software, reliability and manufacturing
- Understanding of hardware systems, including materials, sensors, displays, audio and power management, firmware
- Experience working with development and manufacturing partners in Asia (TAA compliance a plus)
- Hands-on experience in prototype bring-up and debugging, functional verification and manufacturing support
- Ability to be hands-on in the lab and want to be in the details (soldering, signal processing, data acquisition, etc.)
- Knowledge of electrical engineering fundamentals, including ability to design and verify circuits in the analog domain
- Experience collaborating with a cross-functional team to successfully deliver products to market